Forums are back in action! ×

The Pushup Quidditch Cup (Live Game Thread)

For clarification purposes, here's the order of calculations:

1. Tally individual scores
  2. Subtract Beater values from relevant opponents (chasers, keepers,or seeker)
  3. Compare Seekers. The one with the highest score keeps it, the one with the lowest gets 0
  4. Offset Keeper score against remaining total points.
  5. Compare team scores. Highest wins. Voila!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

rules question:

are we supposed to post our points for each day on that day?

or do we just post them at the end of the week?

or are we just on the honor system?

BTW, I'll post one post and edit it at the end of the day for my totals - or I might forget....;-)

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

rules question:

are we supposed to post our points for each day on that day?

or do we just post them at the end of the week?

or are we just on the honor system?

BTW, I'll post one post and edit it at the end of the day for my totals - or I might forget....;-)

Either way is fine as long as all of your totals are in by Friday night. Just make sure I know where you're posting them!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Just to check: are beaters limited to 100 pts per game (week)?

Cause if so: 5x10 typewriter pushups (side-to-side variant) = 100pts and I'm done for the week...

Yep, limit is 100 points/week for beaters. This is up for review once the Exhibition round is done...still trying to decide if this is a good way to make it easier to compete for less experienced pushup artists. (Feedback welcome, everyone!)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Sorry to be daft but:

- Keepers can only negate chasers?

- "3. Compare Seekers. The one with the highest score keeps it, the one with the lowest gets 0 4." = Lowest Seeker loses everything but 4 points?

- "Offset Keeper score 5" - If the Keeper is negated the only time get 5 extra points?  Or if the keeper is totally negated then the negated team get 5 points?

It would make it more complicated, but you could add a handicap to each player according to their starting skill to level the quidditch pitch.

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Sorry to be daft but:

- Keepers can only negate chasers?

- "3. Compare Seekers. The one with the highest score keeps it, the one with the lowest gets 0 4." = Lowest Seeker loses everything but 4 points?

- "Offset Keeper score 5" - If the Keeper is negated the only time get 5 extra points?  Or if the keeper is totally negated then the negated team get 5 points?

It would make it more complicated, but you could add a handicap to each player according to their starting skill to level the quidditch pitch.

Sorry, I did it on my phone and the formatting was lost. I've fixed it up:

1. Tally individual scores
  2. Subtract Beater values from relevant opponents (chasers, keepers,or seeker)
  3. Compare Seekers. The one with the highest score keeps it, the one with the lowest gets 0
  4. Add top Seeker's points to their team's total
  5. Offset Keeper score against remaining total points.
  6. Compare team scores. Highest wins. Voila!

A handicap would have been good, but we were missing more than half the starting AMRAPs, which made it tricky.

The other hard bit is that the books' Quidditch has such bizarre scoring, especially when it comes to the Snitch.

The current system's a bit of a compromise...strong players will do well as Seekers and Keepers, while beginner players make good chasers/beaters. We'll swap positions around through the weeks to make sure everyone gets a good crack at their favourite spot.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Gryffindor seeker

diamond - 100 (150pts)

clapping - 100 (200pts)

regular - 100 (100pts)

can't-pace-myself-total : 450 points

(i'm going to be so sore...)

100 clapping push ups... I think I would have a heart attack...

I've decided that decline are the easiest way to rack up points:

Decline: 5x40 reps = 300 pts

Diamond: 3x40 reps = 180 pts

Hindu: 10 reps = 25 pts

Total: 505 pts

Hindu aren't good for points for me... but it's a great stretch!!

• Like 1

I've decided that decline are the easiest way to rack up points:

Decline: 5x40 reps = 300 pts

Diamond: 3x40 reps = 180 pts

Hindu: 10 reps = 25 pts

Total: 505 pts

Hindu aren't good for points for me... but it's a great stretch!!

Did it hurt when they installed the cybernetics?

• Like 6

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Another 25 standard push-ups overnight... yes I literally do push-ups in my sleep!

haha. Not at all. I feel quite inadequate to the automated-push-up-bots that are obviously littered in this PVP.

FOR RAVENCLAW!!!

tumblr_n3p64eAbHG1slnktgo1_250.gif

Also... do I get extra points if I do these push-ups in a Ravenclaw tie?

• Like 2

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Would be cool to have some sort of google.doc to see how many points everybody has earned so far.

hehe, you'd be fine (and done in far less time than me). I didn't do them all in one set (because I would die), I was just to lazy to post "5x20".

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS! (not that i'm any good at pushups, i'm actually really bad at it - BUT i'm definitely gonna follow this topic to see how it goes, guys! and participate on the next challenge, if possible! i KNEW there were other potterheads in here, i think i just wasn't looking in the right place :P)

GO GRYFFINDOR <3

|Wood Half-Elf Level 1 Rebel

|STR:1 | DEX:1 | STA:2 | CON:2 | WIS:3 | CHA:1

|first challenge! (current)

|fitocracy | runkeeper | instagram |

I just realized I may be the only non Harry Potter fan in here, I just came for the extra modivation to due pushups.

4/15: 10 standard + 10 knee = 15 pts

Running week total: 40

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge