Forums are back in action! ×

Cutting down on alcohol

So I went out on Saturday night and I'm actually quite proud of myself. We'd gone to the pub for dinner. I wasn't too concerned about what to eat as I'd done pretty well throughout the week but I knew that I had to watch what I drank.

I'd gone for 'one' drink after work on Thursday and 5 or 6 large glasses of wine later I was stumbling home. Not good. I think I had an epiphany and realised that I don't like being drunk. I hate not being able to see straight or be in control of my own body.

So Saturday night I drank 2 single amaretto and lemonades in the pub. One before dinner and one with dinner. Then we moved onto another bar while we waited for a friend and I ordered a lemonade. Possibly the first time I have ever ordered a non-alcoholic drink in a bar.

We did move on to another place after that where I had a pint of cider but then the rest of the night I drank water. I'm pretty damn pleased, especially as my boyfriend definitely had more than just 4 drinks. I was also pleased that it meant I could wake up early and head to the gym while he was sleeping off his hangover. Woot! 

• Like 1

'I'm not worried Harry, I'm with you' - Albus Dumbledore - HPatHBP

Level 0 Blob Warrior
STR 4|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 2

Great job!! One of the hardest parts of being social as a full-time volunteer has been the copious amounts of beer. I admire your self-awareness and discipline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkq

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson