Forums are back in action! ×

What nerdy/crazy/weird stuff do you do?

Seriously... I love you guys! I used to think I was weird for thinking about this shit, but now I think "Nah Leanne, you were just forward planning. It's a perfectly reasonable, rational thing to do"

I'd better not say that aloud out in TRW though.... ;)

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I need to pick up some survival skills. Although in a commune situation I could contribute to childcare and cooking and cleaning. I also have a replica Klingon Bat'leth, which I'm not strong enough to wield myself but I'm sure someone could make use of it ;)

LOL, I can't wait till I hear that someone has one that isn't a replica!!!

• Like 2

Challenge Logs: Current Challenge 3 2 1 Battlelog

Origin of Name:

FN: Julian -> Jules -> Family Jewels -> Family

LN: Rickards = Canadian brand of Beer -> Beer

Call me "FamilyBeer" (or just Jules)

That's easy enough to fix....

It's still probably low-quality steel, though.  Most "replica" weapons don't really hold an edge.

(Completely aside from the fact that the bat'leth looked like a pretty useless weapon even to teenage me, and it hasn't gotten any better as I've learned things like physics.  I'm far too nerdy to apply Rule of Cool to preparing for the zombie apocalypse.)

Zombie. Spiders. O_O

Don't. Even. Joke. About. That. o.0

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

It's still probably low-quality steel, though.  Most "replica" weapons don't really hold an edge.

(Completely aside from the fact that the bat'leth looked like a pretty useless weapon even to teenage me, and it hasn't gotten any better as I've learned things like physics.  I'm far too nerdy to apply Rule of Cool to preparing for the zombie apocalypse.)

Oh I never said it would be useful.  Just that it could be sharpened.  You're right though, it probably is a relatively low grade steel.  In any case, it'd still be better than nothing. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Seriously... I love you guys! I used to think I was weird for thinking about this shit, but now I think "Nah Leanne, you were just forward planning. It's a perfectly reasonable, rational thing to do"

There are 2 kinds of people in the world - those with a zombie survival plan, and dinner.

• Like 6

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Maurice Moss

There are 2 kinds of people in the world - those with a zombie survival plan, and dinner.

Haha!!  Sounds like a bumper sticker.  

On a semi-related note, there are also 10 kinds of people in this world.   Those who understand binary, and those who don't.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hey now.  Some people here are the natives.  And heavily armed is a good thing!  

I'd recommend St Louis out of purely selfish reasons, as I live there already.  Other than that, I think northern Arizona/New Mexico would be our best bet.  

Second vote for St. Louis: earthquakes aside, there's good farmland here, two rivers, and a reasonably temperate climate.  The American Southwest is getting drier and drier, which would make subsistence farming difficult.  I suggest we estabilsh ourselves a little farther south and west in the Missouri River Valley... say, somewhere around Hermann? (AKA wine country!)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Don't. Even. Joke. About. That. o.0

Don't worry, the probability for zombie spiders are extremely low. For them to exist, a zombie must bite a spider, which is unlikely, since they are so small. But I would be scared of the following zombie animals: Eagles, dogs (resident evil apocalypse, buff said), big cat animals. Then reptiles would be kind of scary, but honestly, I see no big difference in a ordinary alligator and a zombie one, I´d run in both cases….

The husband and I were discussing the zombie apocalypse last night, and we determined that I'd be screwed as soon as I ran out of contacts and lost or broke my glasses.  :/  I could maybe make due with some pilfered drug-store glasses, but probably not.  My eyes are weird.  :(

LASIK is looking better and better...

Same for me, crappy eyesight. Would be great to do it and then fill out one of their forms, "why did you do a LASIK-operation" - So that I would survive a Zombie apocalypse….. :)

• Like 4

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Second vote for St. Louis: earthquakes aside, there's good farmland here, two rivers, and a reasonably temperate climate.  The American Southwest is getting drier and drier, which would make subsistence farming difficult.  I suggest we estabilsh ourselves a little farther south and west in the Missouri River Valley... say, somewhere around Hermann? (AKA wine country!)

A well-reasoned argument.  I third the second of my first.  (Can I do that?)

There are 2 kinds of people in the world - those who think there are 2 kinds of people in the world, and those who don't.

I lol'd.  :D

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Don't worry, the probability for zombie spiders are extremely low. For them to exist, a zombie must bite a spider, which is unlikely, since they are so small. But I would be scared of the following zombie animals: Eagles, dogs (resident evil apocalypse, buff said), big cat animals. Then reptiles would be kind of scary, but honestly, I see no big difference in a ordinary alligator and a zombie one, I´d run in both cases….

I'm not really all that worried about Zombie Aussie Spiders. Well, at least I wasn't.

What does worry me, though - what if mosquitos become a vector for the spread of the zombie virus?

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Maurice Moss

I used to play DnD, then lost the people I played with. Made a Cox deck for MTG and it actually kicked ass when combined with White Sands. Watch Anime, play Video games...

I know that one day I think it'll be fun to LARP and to actually be in the Renn Faire instead of just being a vistor to it

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"