Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

My name is Brandon and I'm both excited and a bit nervous about joining the rebellion. A little about myself: I've recently turned thirty and after my last visit to the doctor for a regular check up I realised its time for me to start caring for my body. I got out of the Army a few years ago and am now a full time student. I've been gaining weight since my discharge but put on a full 40 pounds in the last year alone! This is due to a crap diet and huge decrease in activity. Sitting in a clasroom all day as opposed to daily exercise along with long road marches and field exercises has really caught up to me.

Well, its time for change. I've been cutting out the junk from my diet. Today is day 5 of no mtn dew! I've also started walking again and doing some bodyweight exercise. My main goal of course is to live healthier. I'm sure that's most people here. I also have a total of 70 pounds I wish to lose. Its taken a few years to put that weight on so I know losing it may take just as long. I'm in this for the long hual now though.

I look forward to meeting some new people here, giving my support to those I can, and hopefully getting some support by members here. If it be sharing knowledge and wisdom, some cheering, or whatever, I look forward to being part of this team!

Good job stopping the back-slide.  Remember, just because you're a student doesn't mean you can't fit activity into your day.  I walk the "long way" to Starbucks, I walk laps on the train platform, I do errands on foot when possible - and generally get 10,000 - 12,000 steps in per day.  Check out the free resources page for a guide to healthy eating as well as some great body weight workouts.  Also - you might want to visit Wovercast

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit