Forums are back in action! ×

Craigslist scores

TheCrimsonFist just put up a status about a Craigslist score, which got me wondering what everyone else has hauled off for a steal. My best has been 298 pounds of Iron Woody competition bumper plates for $165. I also scored an old, brick shithouse York incline bench for $50, and a 300 pound set with shitty bar for $100.

What have you scored off Craigslist?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

This really makes me want a home gym more than ever. I wonder if I can find a garage on craigslist.

I translate things into Latin. Send me a pm.

| Human Flag | One-arm Chinup | | 20 Bar Muscle-ups | | 225 Press | | 365lb Front Squat | | 515lb Deadlift | | Freestanding HSPU | | Gain 15lb | 

Battle Log

It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.

Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.   - Patrick Rothfuss

Gain 15lbs

42%
42%

I got 205 lbs of plates and a bar for free. Woman's grandson left them behind and is now incarcerated. She wanted them gone but couldn't lift the 45s.

I also got my pole climbing gear off CL. $800 worth of stuff for only $150. Almost brand new too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

I don't think I should say it here...

Running out of places to hide the bodies yet?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

http://savannah.craigslist.org/fuo/4481401381.html

Does it count if I didn't buy it? A friend found this gem yesterday while looking for a dining table.

That is outstanding.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

It looks like a good rack at a great price. If I needed a rack and had the money I'd jump on it.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

If you have the money, the Texas Power Bar is the only bar that deserves it. Good score on the rack.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

If you have the money, the Texas Power Bar is the only bar that deserves it. Good score on the rack.

I was considering the TPB or The Bomba V2 from FringeSports. It's about $70 different right now. My big worry is the knurling on the TPB might be too rough for my wife. If I want here to lift, no way in hell she'll put up with a rough knurl.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

If you're used to old beater bars then the knurl on any good bar is going to be sharper than you're initially going to like. My wife was scared of it for about two seconds until she used it one night on bench and deadlift. Now she won't even touch the shit barbell we used to use.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I will caution that if you want any kind of whip in the bar for Olympic lifts, then don't get the power bar. It's as stiff as Lexington Steel.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I was looking at their site, and the bar looks great, but I feel like I could build the other stuff for WAAAAAY less money than they're asking.  Especially the Power Rack.  I already have access to a welder even.  

As for Craigslist scores, I don't have any.  :(  Though I do have a lot of crap I need to list on there.  lol.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I was looking at their site, and the bar looks great, but I feel like I could build the other stuff for WAAAAAY less money than they're asking.  Especially the Power Rack.  I already have access to a welder even.  

As for Craigslist scores, I don't have any.   :(  Though I do have a lot of crap I need to list on there.  lol.  

They're power rack is easier than most to build. Looks like the use the same material for sign posts. Most other racks use 1" pin holes, which are much harder to do since the material isn't pre-made. Trust me I've done the cost analysis, it's way cheaper to find a used rack on craigslist.

• Like 1

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I originally bought my olympic weights off CL for $50.  I'm constantly scouring it for new deals.  I also recently discovered the free section, so I'm watching it like a hawk.