Forums are back in action! ×

Hi

I have been reading here a bit over the last while and decided to do an intro, hoping to start the next challenge in a few weeks.

I'm 31, female and living in Ireland. I've had trouble with my tummy my whole life and am currently dairy and wheat free, I was gluten free until I recently tried spelt and had no negative side effects :) I currently eat some lactose free cheese occasionally. 

I am a rock climber and prone to injury and illness and am thinking that full body condtioning that is guided and supported along with a moving towards primal diet might be the answer I am looking for :)

I'm 5 footish and about 112/113 lbs. I am sitting at approx 23% body fat based off the self measurement calculations. I'd like to sit around the 19% body fat and be able to be strong and healthy there!

I have a history of eating disorders and exercise addiction which I have been in recovery for and free from for about 7 years!

psyched :)

• Like 2

Level 1 Hobbit Assassin (is that even a thing?!)

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

Hi! I am also 31 and looking forward to the next challenge (which will be my first).  :)

What's 'full body conditioning?' I mean, I basically understand what it means, but is it more specific than just getting generally toned and healthy?

I'm glad you've been free from those addictions for so long. Do you have a strategy or a way of looking at things that helps you stay away from that?

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

hi :)

what I mean when i say full body conditioning is balance of strength all over the body, injury usually stems from one system being too strong and the other being too weak, specifically in climbing the lower traps are not activated so lots of climbers have very strong pecs and upper traps but weak lower traps, deltoids and rhomboids. this is an imbalance and will lead to pain and eventually injury if not balanced out :) so every time I push I should balance it out in my body with a pull exercise :)

There is a guy I know who is a personal trainer who has helped a few really great climbers so I have booked in with him for a full body assessment and a 6 week full body training plan :D

I'm not sure if it is ok for me to link to the website of the community that helped me recover from my addictions. It is based on biochemistry though and follows a plan of eating to balance out the biochemistry in the body focusing on the main components that affect addiction, Beta Endorphin, Serotonin and Dopamine as well as blood sugar.

There is a pretty high focus on carbs though, and although they helped me massively I feel like there is a missing component in my life and I think that might be removing grains. I was already gluten and dairy free but still suffered from pretty severe gastro issues, I followed the FODMAP diet and still had some issues! I am waiting on a gastro referral which will happen in january but I feel like a lot of primal makes sense :)

Nice to meet you :D

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

Hi there and welcome aboard, interesting post as you mention "excersise addiction" I went through this many years ago where I was indulging in step and high impact aerobics every day, it got to a stage that I would have mood swings if I missed a day, glad to see your over it.

May I ask what part of Ireland you are from, my wife is of Irish descent and has relations over much of Ireland, nice place to visit if you don't mind the rain lol.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

ha, yeah the rain sucks :) I'm in Dublin at the moment :)

I didn't realise I had exercise addiction for a long time, it developed as part of my restriction behaviours. I developed non purging bulimia and instead purged through exercise.

At my worst I would wake and cycle 10km to work, have a frozen grape for breakfast, and at lunch spend an hour in the gym, have a small tin of tuna and then cycle 10km to the gym by my house after work and work out for about 3/4 hrs before heading home and eating a salad. Of course my body couldn't deal with this so i would binge eat every few weeks, funnily...it was this that led me to recovery. I started not being able to lose anymore weight and developed bulimia as the years of restriction finally crumbled into uncontrollable regular binging. I came to recovery to stop binging and gaining weight instead of coming to recovery to get better lol

I suppose the reason why you start doesn't matter, the fact that recovery came at all was amazing :) it took about 2years from when I started the process before I stopped exercising for a while, I was in a car crash and the next day went for a 10km run not realised I had a broken rib and whiplash, I went into shock and had to go to the hospital, a few months of counselling after that made me stop exercising for a whole year before I was able to add it gently back into my life :)

Now I am quite vigilant about not over training to the point that sometimes I under train by mistake lol

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

Woo another Irish person I'm based in Cork at the moment myself. I only just finished my first challenge and can tell ya it's great for keeping you on track and accountable. I'll keep an aul eye out to try help keep you motivated whatever you decide to do  :D 

Race: Undead Gnoll | Class: Ranger

[Level: 3 | STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 4 ]

Intro: And Breath.. Challenges: #1,#2,#3(FAIL),#4

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

-Edwin Louis Cole