Forums are back in action! ×

What's your own personal motto

I think that its in my signature as well (being my go-to motto and all);

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have"

It reminds me that a huge part of becoming fitter and overcoming personal demons or challenges is mental in that you have to really decide to overcome them, and every day when you're a bit tired or can't be bothered you make yourself get out there and go for a surf, or walk, or adventure. It keeps me motivated because throughout all of this, I need to remember that I'm 'training' my mind as much as I'm 'training' my body - after all, its my mind that's going to have to convince my body to get off of the xbox and make myself the elfin heroin that I aim to become. 

:D

• Like 3

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

I've always lived by " Treat people how they deserve to be treated and nothing else".

If all you've done is good things then I will be friendly and respect you but if you've done dispicable things then I will have nothing to do with you. It's not something I constantly have on my mind but it's how I live my life.

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

< STR:            1               |               CHA:           0 >

< STA:            1               |               WIS:            0 >

< CON:           2               |                DEX:           1 >

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself "I have lived through this horror, I can take the next thing that comes along" You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage"

Show up and do the next right thing"

• Like 1

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

I have two, both from Jim Rohn:

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.â€

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight."

• Like 2

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Oddly enough, doing a little research into my ancestry lately, I discovered my family has an actual Clan motto.

Abscissa Virescit - "That torn down, re-grows.", or alternatively, "Cut me down and I grow again."

Next tattoo sorted. :)

• Like 6

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

I like "Good enough is good enough."

I got it from the Flylady (who I have some issues with but that's a longer story) and I like it because it curbs my perfectionist instincts.

Strange, a favourite of mine is "good enough isn't good enough".

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Strange, a favourite of mine is "good enough isn't good enough".

My dad used to say "don't do anything half assed". I'm sure it was supposed to drive me to finish what I started... but really I found myself not even starting things if I thought I might not be able to "give 110%".

I'd rather try really hard to eat healthy and wind up happy I managed 5/7 days, than look at that week ahead and think that since I'll probably fail there's really no point trying too hard and being miserable because I only managed 5/7 days. 

I'm happy if yours works for you... I'm just describing better my mentality around "good enough".

• Like 1

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"  - Gandalf/Tolkien

Pretty self-explanatory.  For me it is a reminder that life is short and we only have so much time to change the world and make a difference.  I use it as motivation for a lot of things.

• Like 2

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

My dad used to say "don't do anything half assed". I'm sure it was supposed to drive me to finish what I started... but really I found myself not even starting things if I thought I might not be able to "give 110%".

I'd rather try really hard to eat healthy and wind up happy I managed 5/7 days, than look at that week ahead and think that since I'll probably fail there's really no point trying too hard and being miserable because I only managed 5/7 days. 

I'm happy if yours works for you... I'm just describing better my mentality around "good enough".

I'm the same way.  I have a perfectionist approach to most things and will find myself procrastinating if I don't think I can complete something in the best way.  I have the "Cult of Done" poster printed off and posted near my work space to help avoid those tendencies.

• Like 1

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

At work we say that we're part of the "G.S.D. crew" which stood for "Get Shit Done Crew". We'd say this as we took on the more difficult roles at work or kicked up production when other people are being lazy

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Here are some of mine:

. Be the change you want to see in

. the world

. Worry less,giggle more

. Be the positive!

. Most of the time this works! I do have those throw your hands up ,I'm done days! Then I have to quietly think to myself,life is too short for bullshit! Then I can let it go!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

Dum vita est spes est.

Latin for "While there is life, there is hope."

I have it written in the back page of the notebook I used for my bucket list, and it sums it all up!

Race: Furyan - Class: Assassin

Level 0 | STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Character - 01.17

Quote: "Dum vita est spes est."  "While there is life, there is hope."

Instagram - Twitter - myfitnesspal

Daily Battle Log - Challenge 1 - Challenge 2 Challenge 3 - Challenge 4

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Mine is a bit cliché, but it's "No regrets." But it's really true for me. I don't regret anything that I've done or anything that has happened to me. Everything bad that happens to me is an opportunity for growth and improvement or self discovery. Every good thing is an opportunity for celebration and to share joy and enjoy life with others.

What say you, people of Meh?

Meh.

Meh.

:numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: We are not roused. :numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: 

Mine is a bit cliché, but it's "No regrets." But it's really true for me. I don't regret anything that I've done or anything that has happened to me. Everything bad that happens to me is an opportunity for growth and improvement or self discovery. Every good thing is an opportunity for celebration and to share joy and enjoy life with others.

I define a "gret" as having the opportunity to do something and not doing it then"regret" is sitting around thinking about your grets

• Like 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

I define a "gret" as having the opportunity to do something and not doing it then"regret" is sitting around thinking about your grets

Wow...this....I can't....I can't even...my brain...well played, sir!

• Like 1

What say you, people of Meh?

Meh.

Meh.

:numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: We are not roused. :numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: