Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not sure how active I'll be in the forum the first couple weeks, but it would be rude if I didn't at least say hi. :) My name is Amanda, but I go by Amp for all things nerd fitness.  I joined the academy a few days ago and will attempt to be an active member of the online community.  I've never been particularly good at maintaining online correspondence, but I will definitely be active on the 6-week challenge board. Can't wait to see you all there!

AMP

Halfling Rebel Level 2

|| Chaos Index||

|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 5.45 || WIS 1 || CHA 1.9 ||

|| Prologue||

Chapters:

||One: Shaking Off the Rust||

||Two: Setting the Foundation||

||Three: Jumping for the Rafters||

Welcome, Amp!  I'm really curious about the academy - are you enjoying it?

I'm pretty new to NF as well, and I am really liking it so far.  Everyone is so nice!

What are your main goals, if you don't mind me asking?

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Welcome, Amp!  I'm really curious about the academy - are you enjoying it?

I'm pretty new to NF as well, and I am really liking it so far.  Everyone is so nice!

What are your main goals, if you don't mind me asking?

So far I really like the academy.  I'm a person who needs more structure and guidance when it comes to exercise and nutrition.  They have a lot of great pointers for mentally and physically staying on track. I was surprised how much I love the philosophy section.  It's super motivating and beats down any excuse or rationalization I create for myself that would normally derail me.

I only enrolled in the basic level and I think right now a majority of the material can be found in the blogs, but it's great to have it all in one place.  And they give you video links to Steve or Staci performing each of the exercises and modifications to clear up any confusion.  The workouts outlined in the academy are also much more thorough than the blogs and include bonus options and extra challenges.

They're rolling out a new beta version this week with some interesting updates so I'll have to let you know how it goes. :) 

My main quest is to do a pull-up by my 29th birthday (I just turned 28). I also want to get into parkour and rock climbing.   My first "pre-challenge" is posted here if you're interested in checking it out: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50669-amps-prologue-getting-ready-for-the-next-6-week-challenge/

I checked yours out earlier, looks like we both want to start parkour.  Do you have a starter plan yet?  I think I'm going to start on the basic role during my first 6-week challenge.

I really like your profile set-up with your stats.  Where did you go to set it up? 

AMP

Halfling Rebel Level 2

|| Chaos Index||

|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 5.45 || WIS 1 || CHA 1.9 ||

|| Prologue||

Chapters:

||One: Shaking Off the Rust||

||Two: Setting the Foundation||

||Three: Jumping for the Rafters||

That sounds awesome!  I came to the site a few months after starting my life change in earnest (upped gym time to 5 days a week for a work challenge at the start of April, and just kept on plugging).  I bet the motivation and structure of the Academy is so nice.  It's a scary world out there on your own...

I followed your challenge thread.  Feel free to follow my battle log if you like (linked in my signature) as I'm updating it daily, for whatever that's worth.  Glad to be a motivation buddy if you're looking for one of those, as we are not far in age (I just turned 30) and have some similar goals!  I'll move to a challenge thread once the next challenge rolls around, but for now, the battle log is where the actions is.

Ahahahahahaha my starter plan for doing parkour is "do parkour."  I signed up for a beginner class at the local parkour gym, and just got back from my first one tonight (read all about my fails and adventures in my battle log if interested).  Ow.  But I'm not the worst there, and I'm going to improve.  Adding some weight training to my bodyweight strength workouts soon, and generally just going to push push push and pushup (you'll find as you interact with me that I jump headlong into everything; this sometimes gets me in trouble).

To change your signature, just click on your name at the upper right of the screen and then click on "edit profile."  You can edit your signature in rich text from there.  Your starter stats are zero, so that part is easy!  I picked my race based on the quiz that's floating around, but I think you can pick more or less whatever you want, whether it matches your physique or not (but hell, Amazons are tall and big-boned, and I am no pixie - and the girl power image suits me, so I ended up going with the race suggested by the quiz).  You can feel free to copy/paste the stats block from my profile and just edit it until it looks the way you want it to, if you like.  :love_heart:

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire