Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to do things right

I suppose this is the best place to introduce myself. I am approximately 260lbs. My heaviest was in 2010 at 265 lbs. I started making small changes like running, triathlon training, eating alkaline and I ended up losing about 30 pounds in a couple months. But then I got cocky. In 2012 I started gaining all the weight back that I had lost. I lost interest in running, I ate like crap, and I made every excuse possible. I'm starting to see that old number creep back and I have red flags going off like crazy. 

After sitting on it for the past year, I am ready to jump in head first. I stumbled upon this site and it fits my world perfectly. I hope to find a sense of community here while I work on finding a community around me. I'm open to suggestions, encouragement, friendship, or whatever positive things come my way. 

I hope to get to know a few people here while working on getting into shape - the right way. 

xoxo

Red Queen

• Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Welcome aboard!  I've found the community here is really wonderful.  So many smart, interesting, just generally cool people with a common interest in fitness.... and possibly some nerdy interests in common as well. ^_^

What sorts of things are you looking to get into?  We're about halfway through a challenge cycle (the challenges ROCK imho!) but there are a lot of other ways to interact with this community as well.

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I am looking for knowledge that I can implement - mostly just on the exercise/fitness part of things. I am confident in knowing what to eat. I also love a challenge so maybe I'll be able to join the next challenge cycle. The last thing I'm looking for are friends. A couple people (or many) that I can be accountable with encourage/be encouraged by and all the things that come along with that.  :) 

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

I'll bet you can find all those things!

Lots of exercise ideas around here... depending on what you're into, dig around the forums for the various guilds (I see you have a Scouts crest, so maybe start there?) and I'll bet that you'll find loads of stuff.  As for friends, I've found commenting around the battle logs and challenges is a great way to meet people... and the NF chat is pretty cool, too!

I don't see why you couldn't do a 3-week mini challenge with the level 1 folks... it wouldn't level you up (I think you need to complete a minimum of 4 weeks of a cycle), but you could join in on the camaraderie and start building new habits!  Then when the next round starts in September, you'd be ahead of the game and ready to get down to business (to defeat the Huns...).

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire