Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I'm new (and the prize for most original topic heading goes to....not me)

So, this is my introduction. Hello! A little bit about me - where I am now, what I want, and how I'm going to get there....

I'm 36, 5'6", and currently 148 pounds. Although I want to lose some body fat (I carry it all on my stomach and neck, which makes me look like Humpty Dumpty), the real issue that I want to fix is fitness and strength. I've been thinner before - a brutal diet of calorie cutting got me down to 122lbs a few years back, but I have never in my whole entire life been healthy.

I want to be strong, agile, flexible, and all that good stuff. I want to be able to trust in my body's ability to do what I need it to do. I do want to be thinner, but as a side-effect of being in shape, rather than the end goal. And I want tons of energy  :onthego:

I found Nerd Fitness after watching a David Attenborough documentary about mammals. It focused a lot on their diets, and the way they ate exactly what was right for them got me thinking about about what humans would eat if they were on a nature documentary. This led to reading up on paleo, which led here. I'm still rummaging around the site, but my starter plan so far is to -

1) eat paleo at a sustainable level. (I can't give up white coffee and alcohol. Sorry cavemen.) I've done Atkins on and off for years, so cutting out the bread etc should be achievable.

2) follow the beginner bodyweight workout programme, and take the stairs once a day. I live on the 14th floor, so this is something that will take effort.

Hopefully, this will get me ready for the 6 week challenge that starts in September.

My dearest wish is that I will look back on this post in a year or so, and be so shocked at how small my goals were!

Level 0 Potato - Assassin Initiate

My L1 challenge

14 floors of stairs is not a small goal!  You seem to be motivated and ready to go - welcome!  I hope you find everything you seek here.  This site is fantastic, and to borrow a saying from one of the Adventurers (I believe): "You get out what you put in."  So go start kicking some butt!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire