Forums are back in action! ×

Suiting Up - A question on style

Morning folks!

Hope you're all well?

I'm off to a wedding next weekend so have been out and bought myself a brand new suit (as I've lost about 2.5 stones it was needed!) however, I've got a question, how on earth will I be able to carry my wallet, phone and keys without ruining the 'look' of the suit?  Any suggestions?

I suppose I can leave the keys at the hotel, but need the cash and the phone for pics!

Most good suits have a pocket on the inside of the jacket that will fit your wallet without ruining the lines of the suit.  I'll slip my phone into an outer pocket of the jacket.  Keys I tend to hand to my wife and ask her to put them in her purse.

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

Maybe it's just that I don't care, but I always keep my wallet in my back pocket even in a suit.  It's pretty thin, usually, so it doesn't stand out much anyway.  As for the phone, the inside jacket pocket works great, as long as you can keep good track of where you put your jacket!  Cash can go almost anywhere.  Front shirt pocket, front pants pocket, back pocket, jacket pocket.  Cash is thin and easy to conceal.  Hint: Only fold cash once, in half.  It's much much easier to hide that way than if you fold twice like in standard tri-fold wallets.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

if you dont have a place for all of your goodies you could always put them in your sock (we have to do that in our service/dress uniforms in the military). i would advise for a small wallet that holds some cash, one card, and your ID leave the rest of what you normally carry in the hotel. 

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

I have a phone case that has a couple of slots for a bank card and some bank notes. Phone then goes into the inner jacket pocket. Keys fit nicely into the waistcoat pocket, assuming nothing too bulky.

Those are great.  The only downside is when you flip the wallet part around to make a phone call, everyone around you can see your credit cards, ID, and whatever else you have in there. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Those are great.  The only downside is when you flip the wallet part around to make a phone call, everyone around you can see your credit cards, ID, and whatever else you have in there. 

Good point. Makes those gold and platinum credit cards seem more worthwhile - wallet bling!

• Like 1

I will do today what others won't, so that I can do tomorrow what others can't.

Building a Better Beast: Challenge #1, #2, #3 #4

Good point. Makes those gold and platinum credit cards seem more worthwhile - wallet bling!

Lol.  I was thinking the opposite.  If some ne'er-do-well see a bunch of gold and platinum cards while you're distracted talking on the phone, it would be ridiculously easy for him to take the phone and run.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I tried these and that was my exact thought.  Too easy to loose everything at once.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker