Forums are back in action! ×

New Geeky Fitness Person

Hi there, I'm Geeky Soapmaker, new to the forums!

I've been on a weight loss journey for the past year and change.  Started in July 2013 at 285 lbs.  Started with general walking and using Weight Watchers.  Then I dumped WW because MFP does the same thing for free, and in December of last year I started running.  Very slowly.  Still am slow.  Added weight lifting in January and have been following the New Rules of Lifting for Women since April or so - am currently on phase 4, so I'm slow at that too.

Geek cred:  Fan of Doctor Who, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, and player of D&D and WoW.  Make geeky soaps and lotions and sell 'em at farmer's markets.

Halloo!

Geeky Soapmaker

http://maitribathbody.com

Hi! I'm Meg, welcome to NF!

Sounds like you've made great progress already, staying on track for a year, especially your first, is no easy feat! Are you planning on doing the next 6 week challenge? It's a great motivator to start kicking things up a gear, or just keep yourself on track with your goals. If not you could open a battle log so you can look back in a year and see how much more awesome you've become. :)

Did you make those Dalek soaps from your profile pic? They look awesome, I'd love to see more of your work!

• Like 1

Level 2 Hobbit:  STR: 1 | STA: 4 | DEX: 4 | CON: 5.4 | WIS: 4.4 | CHA: 2.5

Couch-to-5k!

70.4%
70.4%

Losing 12.3kg!

0%
0%

Challenges: 1 | Current |

Did you make those Dalek soaps from your profile pic? They look awesome, I'd love to see more of your work!

Thanks!  I've lost 80 lbs so far, would like to lose a minimum of 25 more to be in the "overweight" category.  I'm currently at 205.

I think I'm good with my current fitness plan but am always looking for new things to try.  Right now I lift 2x/week, run 2-3x/week, and do yoga once/week.

Yes I made those :)  It's from an ice cube mold.  I do tardiseseses also.  My website should be in my signature.  Feel free to poke around :)

• Like 1

Geeky Soapmaker

http://maitribathbody.com

Firefly fan!!!

Clinging to you now.

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, the coolest online community I've ever joined!  May you find everything you seek here. ^_^

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire