Forums are back in action! ×

An unfortunate truth

I was performing my bad habit of reading fitness articles out of boredom again and stumbled on this one http://www.t-nation.com/powerful-words/action-offends-the-inactive

I'm pretty sure I've heard this before on the board but it sums up the problem nicely for many people trying to get healthy.

Truth.  And not just in fitness.  That hold true in every single aspect of life.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Good article. I've noticed this even in just the last week or so since I've been looking to eat healthier.

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

I'm down about 40 lbs since January with maybe another 5 or so to go.  A couple of weeks ago, I had a slight falling out with one of my co-workers.  Granted, the thought is what counts, but she ended up bringing me a pan of cupcakes as a sort of burying the hatchet peace offering.  It's been very well known throughout the office about my change in lifestyle which made the offering a little more puzzling.  Makes sense though after reading the above article.

Level 0 - Half-Elf / Adventurer

Journey begins 9.15.14

Thanks for the share!

This is actually the reason why I enjoy this community so much. You want to be better, you only get cheers and encouragement.

But, I think it's kind of unfair. Everyone sort of loves the status quo, so, even people that love you will work against you, even if they don't consciously realize it.

MOTUS VIRTUTE - STRENGTH TRAINING THROUGH THE EYES OF AN ENTHUSIAST