Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Spartan Plank Challenge

O.o I was doing great! alas, I have not been able to repeat my past performances! After the 3:26 record, I've only been able to do 2:30ish planks... not that I'm unhappy with that progress... but man, this whole business is HAAAAARD.

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

I'm at 50 secs for regular plank and 100 secs for elbow plank. I notice if I try to count past 40, I start to get messed up (since too focus on trying to count). So instead only count to 20 and just keep track of how many 20 sec you went through.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I have a riddle for you guys...

Guess who just did a 4 minute long plank? clue: It was me! muahahaha!

New PR!

Oh yes, I'm excited! I feel unstoppable! (or I will, as soon as I rest a little)

Congrats! I'm doing my last 2.5 min day today... Hope 3 mins doesnt elude me.

you are making good progress, just keep at it and you'll be past the 3 min mark before you know it!

wow you guys are doing AMAZING with this!!! I am still so far behind with it...it gets discouraging! I need to push though and do it though, bc it wont get easier if I dont DO It!! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I realized that once I got to the 2:30 line, daily planks were no longer an option: I was not making any progress.

every other day is enough rest for my muscles to grow stronger... maybe do the same and allow for some extra rest too Ocelot?

Also, welcome aboard baking_jeans.

Just wanted to keep me busy till the next 6w-Challenge starts. Anyone alive here? Erosan, saw in your signature you're still on the 4 minute mark. I tried my first just now (was just a bit curious) and it was a 1:40 (or 100 sec). But i think it's more of mental thing (for me). Let's see what a good goal would be before the start of the next challenge which is in 11 days. Thinking of 10 seconds a day. That's about 210 seconds, 3,5 minutes. Setting that as my pre-6w-challenge-target. But trying my best to go longer!

... a little odd in the head ...

I'm still trying. but its difficult. I'm still stuck at 4 mins… actually more like 3:30 as I can't quite go above that again… maybe lack of rest or because of all other exercise I do? mmm…

How can i slouch at something like planking? It takes a whole of 2-3 minutes a day (for me anyways). But still i was able to not practice the planking for 4 days! That's changing!

Kicked myself hard today try to make up for the lost progress. The last plank i did was 1:50. According to my own schedule i should be at 2:40. Did a 2:20 just yet. If i had known it was 02:40 i would have pushed out the last 20 secs. So tomorrow 2:50. I'm gonna do that!

... a little odd in the head ...

doing this. I'm currently doing 3 120 second planks as part of my workout every other day. Going to try and up that by 10 seconds each official workout day, even if i can't quite make it on the 2nd and third sets of my circuit. Sort of torn on how many days a week to do planks, basically whether I want a rest day from planks at all, and whether on my non workout days (whcih given that i'm also doing the PLP60 challenge, my "non workout" days are pretty workoutish) I want to do a few planks, or just 1 max duration plank or what. Hmmm..

Level 4 Lycan Warrior

Challenges: 4-Warrior, 3-Assassin, 2-Adventurer, 1-Recruit

Battlelog

Go ahead and laugh all you want to, I got my philosophy and I trust it like the ground. That's why my philosophy keeps me walking when I'm falling down -Ben Fold's Five "Philosophy"