Forums are back in action! ×

Geekygingergirl has been killed by rats. Respawning in 3... 2... 1...

So y'know when you're level 1 (or 0 in this case) and you keep getting killed by what you thought was the easiest monster in the game? Yeah, that's me right now. I thought I set goals so easy I wouldn't have any trouble completing them, but after only a few days I started feeling overwhelmed and pretty much completely gave up. So now that I've realized I can respawn, I have to go find an easier monster to fight (giant cockroaches, maybe?).

So I'm setting new quest goals.

Main quest objective #1: Write down what I eat and drink each day and share it here or on my original quest thread. (Not sure which would be better...) I'm not even worried about changing my eating habits at this point; I just want to start paying attention to what I'm eating. I also think maybe sharing it will help me remember to not go overboard (because I don't wanna have to tell everyone here that I ate 4 different sugary snack foods in one day!).

Main quest objective #2: Wear my pedometer every day and share how many steps I took. If I feel up to it, I'll try and beat my "record" each day, but I'm not going to pressure myself.

Main quest objective #3: Brush my teeth at least once a day. This is extremely embarrassing to admit, but I don't always do this. (I have bipolar disorder, and during depressive episodes it's often difficult to make myself keep up with even basic self-care and hygiene.) I know it's not exactly "fitness" related, but it is very important for my health, and I have heard that people who brush their teeth regularly lose more weight, so that justifies it enough in my mind. XD

Life quest objective: Spend some amount of time with God by myself, either praying, reading the Bible, or something else related to my faith.

These are mostly easier versions of my previous goals. (Link to my challenge thread is in my siggy, if you wanna see them.) But I'm still a little worried about whether I can beat these. I could use some buffs if anybody's got 'em! LOL

• Like 4

Race: Human  -  Class: Rebel  -  Level: 0  -  Challenges: Current

Goal: Lose 30 lbs. (starting weight: 166)

0%
0%

771f056b79e8d749556ab5999bc09c9d.jpg

Rodents Of Unusual Size?

• Like 3

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

how are these new goals going? It's ok to struggle you know! And if it helps you feel better, I still struggle with some basic hygiene on my worse days too :( even after years of therapy and such. 

*hugs* you can do this!!! 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

RATS! I am bipolar too and totally feel you on not tending to yourself in the least. Workout every couple of days seems worlds say when "get out of bed" and "clean your tooths" isn't happening everyday. I love your new plan, as I am a strong believer in small successes helping lead into some unexpectedly productive days. Last challenge reporting my reasonable "go outside every day" type of goals helped prompt me to do some great things like long walks and yoga classes on my better days. I wish you the best in your scaled back goals. If it leads to more, awesome! If not, awesome! Either way, we're cheering for you and hope to hear your successes and/or failures.

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Ooo, I just remembered (not sure how I forgot)... I could send you several thousand dollars worth of dental bills that I still trying to pay if you need some extra motivation to brush your teeth. Periodontal disease ain't no joke! It sounds like you're motivated anyway though.

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RATS! I am bipolar too and totally feel you on not tending to yourself in the least. Workout every couple of days seems worlds say when "get out of bed" and "clean your tooths" isn't happening everyday. I love your new plan, as I am a strong believer in small successes helping lead into some unexpectedly productive days. Last challenge reporting my reasonable "go outside every day" type of goals helped prompt me to do some great things like long walks and yoga classes on my better days. I wish you the best in your scaled back goals. If it leads to more, awesome! If not, awesome! Either way, we're cheering for you and hope to hear your successes and/or failures.

Exercise is as effective as antidepressants, they say!

Well, maybe not. But lithium made me a drooling idiot. So exercise it is.

((Hugs)) Do what you can, when you can. SELF CARE IS NOT FAILURE. Even when self care means staying in bed. Being kind to yourself is a hard thing to learn, when the world has different expectations.

Lithium made me a paranoid basketcase, and gave me receding gums and hair loss. and

YES YES YES! Screw the world and their expectations of what you should do, do what you can, and love you for that. It took me too many years to even get moderately successful at loving myself in spite of my inability to meet their expectations, and it's funny bc now that I have accepted myself (mostly) I have fewer really bad days! 

Ooo, I just remembered (not sure how I forgot)... I could send you several thousand dollars worth of dental bills that I still trying to pay if you need some extra motivation to brush your teeth. Periodontal disease ain't no joke! It sounds like you're motivated anyway though.

Oh yeah....I think posting pictures of that on my mirror in my bathroom would motivate me. Sorry you have such horrible bills from it. 

How was your holiday? Still moving along or do you need some help? 

*hugs* 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn