Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I was nervous to post picture of me with little clothes. I think it was good idea I did it. Push me out of my comfort zone

And that is what I need, being pushed out of my comfort zone. But idk if I am ready lol.

If you want we can be buddies and both post on the 31st :D

If i do I swear I will have clothes on! lol  Btw, I am loving the Vigo Kitty. I giggle everytime I see it.

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

And that is what I need, being pushed out of my comfort zone. But idk if I am ready lol.

If i do I swear I will have clothes on! lol  Btw, I am loving the Vigo Kitty. I giggle everytime I see it.

If you need more pushing, I'll be willing to show my scars that I'm really self conscious about (funny how my ex can still affect me to this day about that).

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

This challenge really speaks to me and has exposed the depth of my body image issues. The very idea of taking and posting a picture of myself is terrifying, but add to that -- what if I choose a look-alike picture that's even smaller than I really am? What if I'm actually bigger than my brain thinks I am? Horrifying. What supportive thing could people possibly say? *Crickets* Just thinking about it is making my heart beat faster. I'm so impressed with all of you who took the plunge.

[...]

3) Post it all here, and take a zen approach to the results. This is what I look like and I need to come to terms with that.

Even on this, the most supportive of threads, the response rate to various pictures has been quite varied. Some pictures will continue to be discussed for pages, while others have scarcely sparked a comment from the thread peoples. So, I won't like, it's quite possible that there may be crickets (although much less likely since you've identified your fear of it, and gotten people talking about you already, so now they're looking for it) but if you did? That would be fine too! Your identified concern is whether or not someone would have a supportive thing to say if you pick the wrong look-alike image, but keep in mind that the absence of comments doesn't indicate a lock of support, either. Who knows what's going through the minds in the other parts of the interwebs?

I love what you said in your point 3 - This is what I look like and I need to come to terms with that. Yes, if you post a picture, people will likely comment, and very likely be supportive, but ultimately this is a process for you. Maybe even not "come to terms" but "embrace" - you and your body have worked hard to get where you are, and your body has carried you through (most likely) so much shit in your life, so honor that, and make commitments to make you and your body better, happier, and healthier, while loving everything you are now. </end unexpected sap>

• Like 3

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

Even on this, the most supportive of threads, the response rate to various pictures has been quite varied. Some pictures will continue to be discussed for pages, while others have scarcely sparked a comment from the thread peoples. So, I won't like, it's quite possible that there may be crickets (although much less likely since you've identified your fear of it, and gotten people talking about you already, so now they're looking for it) but if you did? That would be fine too! Your identified concern is whether or not someone would have a supportive thing to say if you pick the wrong look-alike image, but keep in mind that the absence of comments doesn't indicate a lock of support, either. Who knows what's going through the minds in the other parts of the interwebs?

I love what you said in your point 3 - This is what I look like and I need to come to terms with that. Yes, if you post a picture, people will likely comment, and very likely be supportive, but ultimately this is a process for you. Maybe even not "come to terms" but "embrace" - you and your body have worked hard to get where you are, and your body has carried you through (most likely) so much shit in your life, so honor that, and make commitments to make you and your body better, happier, and healthier, while loving everything you are now. </end unexpected sap>

Yup :) and we arent as critical of you as you are, so just bc you don't see something worth positive comment, doesn't mean we wont...we dont have the issues with your body that you have, and wont see it the way you do...but ultimately rt is right, this process is to help you. I certainly don't have anything worth going on and on about positively with my own body, in my head, and sure people saying I look amazing would be great, but at the end of the day, me being empowered to love and accept myself regardless of what anyone else thinks, is the point.

I KNOW this is a process and its hard and takes time, and there are honestly times I have cried bc I was feeling vulnerable and posted something here on the forums and didnt get the positive responses I needed so much at that moment, and that sucks, but it also taught me to learn to accept and love myself and validate my own self worth despite the opinions of other people...and I'm not perfect at it, even after years of it. and there are days I cant come on here bc I feel like that and seeing all the "pretty people" and the positive they get and the lack of that that I get, is too hard, but it's not like that most days anymore and THAT is progress. I posted a recent photo on my challenge thread, that I feel is a HORRIBLE picture, but the reason for posting it is something I feel very strongly about, so I did it anyways, and I cant WAIT till its on another page bc looking at it makes me sad and feel worthless bc I look terrible, but I seriously doubt anyone but me sees it the same way I do. They see the message of it...not the fat rolls.

So in the end, do what helps YOU feel better about you in the moment, even if that changes from moment to moment...your feelings about you matter more than any of ours *hugs*

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I'm very much moved by your thoughts and support, all of you. It's been incredibly helpful and inspiring to me, and I can see clearly that this is an area of growth that I need to stop avoiding.

So. After a couple of false starts today, here we go.

First, my picture. I always feels strong and powerful when I'm about to head out for a run, so I asked my husband to take a picture of me before I left. Eventually I'll try one with closer-fitting clothes, but this is as much as I've got in me at the moment. I'm wearing a super-duper sports bra, so I'm usually more... prominent... than this.

photo_zps06c13a5a.jpg

Next, my look-alike. I hope. I'm very unsure if it's accurate, but it's my best guess. Above, I said that I was going to try to avoid eliminating look-alikes because they're not pretty enough, or too pretty. This one falls into the second category. She's very cute, so I had to really force myself to ignore the cuteness, and just focus on objective shape.

Look-alike_zps0aca003f.jpg

Just click on "Add Reply," you big wuss!!

• Like 4

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

I'm very much moved by your thoughts and support, all of you. It's been incredibly helpful and inspiring to me, and I can see clearly that this is an area of growth that I need to stop avoiding.

So. After a couple of false starts today, here we go.

First, my picture. I always feels strong and powerful when I'm about to head out for a run, so I asked my husband to take a picture of me before I left. Eventually I'll try one with closer-fitting clothes, but this is as much as I've got in me at the moment. I'm wearing a super-duper sports bra, so I'm usually more... prominent... than this.

photo_zps06c13a5a.jpg

Next, my look-alike. I hope. I'm very unsure if it's accurate, but it's my best guess. Above, I said that I was going to try to avoid eliminating look-alikes because they're not pretty enough, or too pretty. This one falls into the second category. She's very cute, so I had to really force myself to ignore the cuteness, and just focus on objective shape.

Look-alike_zps0aca003f.jpg

Just click on "Add Reply," you big wuss!!

you are smaller than her. But the shape seems similar enough :) 

YOU DID IT!!!! :D :D :D 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

you are smaller than her. But the shape seems similar enough  :) 

YOU DID IT!!!!  :D  :D  :D 

Yay! Thank, Bekah! :)

It seems like a fairly good comparison. Well done! What do you think when you see her body? How does that compare with how you feel about your body?

Good question. I think she's pretty. Soft, yes, and also attractive. I could see her feeling good about herself. Myself? Not so much. I'm always somewhat skeptical when my husband tells me that he's attracted to me. In love with me? Yes. Hot for me? Not so much. But if that's what I look like, or close to it, maybe I'm wrong.

Level 2 -- Druid

STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 3 | CON 4 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Main Quest: Lose 70 lbs in 2015. 15 down, 55 to go.

Challenge 2 (Druid)

Challenge 1 (Recruit)

Yay! Thank, Bekah! :)

Good question. I think she's pretty. Soft, yes, and also attractive. I could see her feeling good about herself. Myself? Not so much. I'm always somewhat skeptical when my husband tells me that he's attracted to me. In love with me? Yes. Hot for me? Not so much. But if that's what I look like, or close to it, maybe I'm wrong.

Lot of us are distorted about how we look. If you get someone else to talk about how you look, it always sounds like they are talking about whole different person. We really are our harshest critics.

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Elaine

f9dddca9d42c3b8af1489c295719d4b6.jpg

And

6bbf3b6352caa2389a75061395019b16.jpg

[emoji14]

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

That's my lock screen on my phone. ...

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move