Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie here, and CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Hi there, I'm Kam. :)

I'm 19 years old, 4'11" and 54.5 kg (120 lbs), and while I'm chubby I've never considered myself overweight. That's until my ObGyne looked me in the eye then said that I needed to lose weight. She mentioned I was a little on the large size for my height (she managed to say this in a nice way so I wasn't tempted to flip her desk) and I had polycystic ovaries. PCOS is a condition that messes up my menstrual cycles and affects my insulin levels, making gaining weight easy and losing weight difficult. PCOS was also likely the cause of my persistent baby fat, aside from my indecent lust for cheesecake.

Then I realized that if I weight loss was harder because I had PCOS, then it would make every pound lost much more sweeter. PCOS? CHALLENGE FREAKING ACCEPTED.

So, after being a long time lurker on NerdFitness, I decided to bite the bullet. Been here for less than a day (I still have that ten post limit, darn it), and so far my experience here has been great. The community's wonderful, the information is (seems? Hehe, I still need to question everything, right?) reliable, and I 'm determined to make it. I'm in the middle of typing up the introductory post of my battle log, and I've never been this excited about weight loss and vegetables (oh god, vegetables ...) before.

I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.  Hello, fellow rebels, and VIVA LA REBELLION.  :nevreness:

Level 0 || Class: Unknown || Stats: 0

Battle Log

"You have three choices: give up, give in, or give it all you've got."

Hooray!  Welcome!  Glad to see you posting around. ^_^

You seem super motivated, and that's awesome!  Keep it up and obstacles or no, you will amaze yourself!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire