Forums are back in action! ×

I don't even want to try anymore

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found you all. I have been terribly frustrated. I almost didn't even do this challenge at all. Actually, I didn't start yet. I'm starting tomorrow. I've been trying this since last April and I've not passed a single one yet. Something happens every dang time! I suspect this will continue but darn it, I just want to scream sometimes. I have my workouts and meals planned out so I always think I'm all ready, but it always just falls apart after about 2 weeks and I get nowhere. I'm kind of an oddball. After having three kids, they've apparently sucked the life out of me and I'm about 30 lbs underweight. I have several issues because of it. Honestly, I really want to give up, but I can't. I have to gain this weight back. I need to be in a better place this year with my health for my family. Thanks so much for listening :)

• Like 2

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Take a deep breath.  Then take another.  You do what you can, when you can.  Every step in the right direction is a good one, big or small.

• Like 3

^ This is very good advice. :)  Baby steps, one day at a time!  Every day you make a good choice for yourself is a victory, and they'll start adding up...

I've been keeping a "victory log" at home - each day I'll write down good things I did or good things that happened to me - had a salad instead of a burger at lunch, helped someone get their groceries into their car, didn't have a meltdown at work (that one's popular lately), things like that... it's great to be able to look at the little things and keep yourself proud and motivated!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found you all. I have been terribly frustrated. I almost didn't even do this challenge at all. Actually, I didn't start yet. I'm starting tomorrow. I've been trying this since last April and I've not passed a single one yet. Something happens every dang time! I suspect this will continue but darn it, I just want to scream sometimes. I have my workouts and meals planned out so I always think I'm all ready, but it always just falls apart after about 2 weeks and I get nowhere. I'm kind of an oddball. After having three kids, they've apparently sucked the life out of me and I'm about 30 lbs underweight. I have several issues because of it. Honestly, I really want to give up, but I can't. I have to gain this weight back. I need to be in a better place this year with my health for my family. Thanks so much for listening :)

You know I'm as motivated by my family as anyone, so I get the sentiment.

Don't forget to do it for you, too. You're important. Don't give up for them, but don't give up for you, too.

• Like 1

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

it's hard... it's damn hard... it's the most difficult thing in the world...

if you let it be

put one foot in front of the other... take care of yourself... make your goals so WICKED simple that you can't help but make them... let the excitement of making those goals carry you to make even harder goals... you CAN do this... one step at a time... 

I understand what it's like... I am a single mom of three teenagers... my youngest has asperger's... I put myself through nursing school and I am now a nurse... I have lost a good deal of weight... (there is a link in my siggy to my backstory if you're interested in hearing more) but the simple most important thing that I did was start... I started walking... then I started hiking again... then I started biking... then running... I found things that I LOVED so that they don't seem like "exercise" and now it's a habit... 

the AMAZING thing is... my kids are into fitness now too... my youngest and I are planning a through hike of the Appalachian trail (that's 2200 miles if you were wondering)... my oldest and I have ran several obstacle course races... my daughter goes hiking with me... don't try to do it on your own... you have them... you have us... 

set some small goals... make a challenge... learn stuff about yourself... then do it again... don't think about doing it for the rest of your life... think about doing it for tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow  one day one step at a time

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Jenn- Thanks so much! I couldn't imagine myself doing half of what you've done. That's amazing! I did try the simplifying for one of my goals and it's working great! I have even overachieved quite a few days so far. I decided to change up my workouts a bit to five short ones instead of three long ones and that's been working well too. This is definitely my best challenge so far. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Honey. ... half the time *I* can't imagine doing half of what I've done. ... I keep catching myself doing something with ease and then thinking "I couldn't do this last year"....

That will happen for you too if you keep at it

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move