Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

My Name is Giuseppe but you can call me Joe. I am 35 feeling 55

I was born and raised in South Africa but moved to the UK 10 years ago.I was always a big child but as i was playing rugby during school years that kept my weight in upper normal (Maybe Not)  range.

Then School ended and the weight pilled up.  I put on over 30kg (66lbs) in a couple years. Then i met my first wife. I start to eat maybe not healthy but more correct portion size and walked twice a day. In a year i went from just over 300lbs to 240lbs. After we got married the yo-yo weight started to happen. Laziness crept in made home in my life (Still struggling to get rid of my unwelcome guest) My weight hovered around the 275 -310 mark for several year. Got divorced(sadly) and moved to UK

My first half year in UK i gained another 20lbs or so. Was around the 330's So i joined a GYM. My diet was bad but i was loosing weight. In the following year and half i lost 50lbs. Then i met my new wife and together with her help as she was cooking :-) so no more pizza and take away and junk food i lost another 25lbs. So i was around 257lbs. Felt good. But mr laziness was still there. We got married and after year or 2 the weight pilled back up and i was playing yo-yo again with my weight.

Last year September decided enough i need to loose this weight. I was at my heaviest 344lbs. In the following 2 - 3 month that followed i lost  30lbs. Was doing cardio DVD with wife. Did not go on diet just changed eating habits and amount. (Still had Cakes and choclate) I use myfitnespal and made sure i was alway below the daily calories allowed amount. 

Then Christmas Happened and all the festive food came in. I was so surprised after the December i only Gained 2lbs. But during that time i was going couple time a week 2 gym. and i guess walking through the MALLLLLLL :neglected: allot for presents and stuff helped not to gain shed load of weight.

So now i am here and i can feel mr lazy want to come back. So last couple weeks i stumbled across the nerd fitness. 

I am here to get my assed kick when need be and also to be accountable. I will be doing the 6 week challenge and by logging what i do, hope you fitness nerd will help me keep on tract.

Thanks for reading this very long message.

See you in the challange.

Joe

DAmicoG

Adventurer

Challenges: 1

"Good Habits Result From Resisting Temptation"

Welcome, Joe!

The challenge has just begun (we're in week 2), so plenty of time to jump in!  Check out the rules & FAQ and then you can put your thread here with the new recruits.

Correcting your eating habits will definitely get you the furthest when it comes to weight loss, but additionally, from looking at your post, are you still doing mostly cardio?  Have you tried strength training?  It's a pretty great tool to add to your arsenal. ^_^

I saw that you have a lot of questions earlier, so if you have anything in particular that you need to know, please feel free to ask!  I can try to help!

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thank for the warm welcome starsapart. Have not really done strength training. The gym gave me a work plan with the weight machines like lat pull down and chest press stuff like that with cardio. I am interested in trying free weights and strength training. My issue where do I start with strength training and as I will be doing this by myself at gym how do I know I will do it correctly, right technique.

What does it look like?

• Like 1

DAmicoG

Adventurer

Hey, Joe! Why did you end up moving to the UK? Good luck with your 6 week challenge, it definitely sounds like you're in the right place.

Thanks hali

My ex founded someone else and so got divorce. I had Italian passport so I decided it was time for a change. Tough leaving my parents behind. But think was good decisions in end.

I think I am in right place. Will be posting my first challenge today.

Thanks for the support

DAmicoG

Adventurer