Forums are back in action! ×

Seven I am a far more compassionate than you.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Madcow Week 4, Monday on a Tuesday 29.12.2015

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, good mornings (no bar, looking for hamstring stretch)

1x20 lunges

1x10 BW squats

1x5@30kg squats

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@75kg (belted)

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@50kg (missed the last rep, :( )

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

Shits and Gigs:

2x20@15kg standing calf raises

2x12@40kg leg lifts

2x12@30kg leg curls

This was pretty solid, but missed the last rep on my 50kg bench, but that's ok, just happy that Son4 came out to spot for me. Tired now, but still have homework for work. Let's just hope it is a bit warmer tomorrow, can't complain 33 degrees wasn't so bad after 39 degrees and bushfires yesterday.

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Some good numbers there Seven. At this rate you'll be squatting the ton soon.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Fly In Fly Out! The others were interesting though. :)

It must be reflection time. Thom has posted he is thinking about Challenges, me too, on the way to work. I have decided to keep my current Battle Log, I lost my first one because I am not keen on poking around looking for it, I have limited time on the internet now and it would be looking backwards.

So I am just updating my beginning speel to this log. I have some solid goals I really, really want to achieve and I am going to try the new format for 4Week Challenges. 6 weeks were not successful for me. Sticking with the Warrior Guild, but in two minds to do the RPG thingy, my nerdiness does not fall to gaming. FIFA every now and then.

Tomorrow is New Years, so will update everything then. For now I need to change, smash out some deadlifts and get ready for New Years Eve celebrations.

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

The four week challenge will hopefully kill that mid challenge slump. It will definitely fit in better with my monthly measurements. We can rock our third year dear friend.

• Like 1

Three years! What can one say except W00T!!!!

Madcow "New Years Eve" Week 4 Wednesday on a Thursday.

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, dislocations (found my broom), BW pause squats, 1x5@30kg pause squats

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

2x5@55kg

OHP:

1x5@20kg

2x5@25kg

1x5@30kg (no push press here my friends)

DL:

1x5@65kg

1x5@75kg

1x5@90kg

1x5@100kg (first one belted, but felt weird, took belt off for rest of set)

Shower, make a salad and cheese platter then time to celebrate the end of 2015.

Happy New Year everyone.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

To keep up with all her sons. [emoji12]

• Like 2

3 yrs on NF?  Great job on consistency.  By the way, are you training for size, strength, or a sport?

Training has been solely for mental satisfaction, and a little bit on the strength side, due to needing to lift heavy people for the Ambulance every now and then.

However saying that I have dabbled in Bro lifts and I will be shifting focus for this year to more aesthetics. I can't continually call my eating habits "bulking" if I am not going to eventually "cut"  :playful:

So 2016 is two fold, cutting and bro-ness!  :nevreness:

Annndd to keep up with all the sons!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Madcow Week 4, Friday on a Saturday 02/01/2016

Warm Up:

Skipping, stretching, dislocations, 10xBW squats

Squats:

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x5@55kg

1x5@65kg

1x3@75kg

1x1@80kg (this was supposed to be 1x8@55kg, but I kicked my 20sec berserker mode on and was going to do a stand up, but once it was on my shoulders........fuck it let's have a go and squat this mother! W00T!) :) :) :)

Bench:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@40kg

1x5@45kg

1x3@50kg

1x8@35kg

BOR:

1x5@25kg

1x5@30kg

1x5@35kg

1x5@40kg

1x3@45kg

1x8@35kg

Shits and Gigs:

Kroc Rows; 2x12@15kg

High Pulls; 2x12@15kg

BB Curls; 2x12@15kg

By the end of the curls I was shattered, it was so hot in the shed, 31 degrees, started sweating as soon as I started my warm up.

Still trying to figure out how to write up y goals and stuff for 2016. Hopefully will have my shit together tomorrow.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

and a little bit on the strength side, due to needing to lift heavy people for the Ambulance every now and then.

Not to many things harder to lift than a body.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

An 80kg squat? Who's the Warrior? Leanne is!

Fecking awesome!

• Like 2

Here is the not so good, the bad and the ugly!

*25th May 2015* 
Height: 175cm
Weight: 105kg
Neck: 29cm
Chest: 116cm
Waist: 108cm
Abdomin: 116cm
Hip: 118cm.
Thigh: L-66cm, R-66cm

Wrist: L-17cm, R-17cm
Bicep: L-37cm, R-37cm. 

*14th June 2015*

Height:   175cm.  
Weight:101.8kg. 
Neck:     38.5cm. 
Chest:  115cm.   
Waist:    104cm.   
Abdomin: 112cm. 
Hip:      114cm.  
Thigh: L-63cm, R-64cm. 
Wrist: L-17.5cm, R-17.5cm.
Bicep: L-36.5cm, R-35cm.

*3rd Jan 2016*

Height:  175cm
Weight:106.8kg
Neck:39cm
Chest:118cm
Waist: 101cm
Abdomin: 113cm
Hip:116cm
Thigh: L-64cm, R-62cm
Wrist: L-17cm, R-17.5cm
Bicep: L-38cm, R-36cm

Ok so that turned into a mess of jumbled numbers, but my basic stats over a few attempts. however when put through the body fat calculator this is what happens:

*25th May 2015*

35% Body Fat

36.8kg of fat

68.2kg of lean mass (muscle, water, etc)

*14th June 2015*

31% Body Fat

31.3kg of fat

69.7kg of lean mass

*3rd January 2016*

32% Body Fat

33.9kg of fat

72.1kg of lean mass

Body fat came down from my first measurements and lean mass went up!  :positive:

Now the easy part is to lower body fat while keeping lean mass.........easy peasy right!  :nightmare:

• Like 2

Wait! What............?

Is losing body fat your primary goal this year?  If so, whats the plan? 

Also, curious as to the reason the neck size would increase.  Is that from increase in trap size or is body fat moving around?

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Is losing body fat your primary goal this year?  If so, whats the plan? 

Also, curious as to the reason the neck size would increase.  Is that from increase in trap size or is body fat moving around?

Losing body fat is a goal this year (I still have to write all that up!), sick of looking like a potato and all the assumptions from people that come with that.

Who knows why the neck increase, I'm just happy my third chin has not reappeared even at this weight. Normally there is little definition between chin, jaw and neck at this weight. So win  :tongue:  ????  

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

I do see some movements in the right directions there Seven. Neck seems a bit weird, but hey, it's all good until someone gets decapitated with a chopstick.

• Like 2