Forums are back in action! ×

Grey elf has entered the game

Hi, all. I'm Illuviel.

I need to level up in order to beat the biggest boss fight I've faced: the one that starts when I tell myself -- too often! --, "You're not the boss of me!" Um, me?  I actually *am* the boss of me, and that contrariness is a brand of extra-special counterproductive. It has become a thing up which I shall no longer put. (You've got the wrong sort of Rebellion there, Mr Elf, if you think that'll do you any good.)

I found Nerd Fitness a few days ago, while looking for another game-theory-based goal tracker. Search terms put into the enGooglenator returned this site fairly high in the rankings, so I gave it a look. Steve had me at the first blog post I read (the LEGO did not hurt). Several other posts later, I peeked in on the Rebellion. My best friend, Yul, called while I was doing so -- and here we are.

I'm dealing with a few chronic conditions (CFS/ME, fibromyalgia, migraine, hypermobility, along with intolerances & sensitivities galore). I'm also healing from a work-related, soft-tissue injury of my wrist, a TFCC tear which hasn't resolved with conservative treatment and probably requires surgery. This has put a major dent in the way that I'd been dealing with said chronic conditions: lots of stretching and bodyweight exercise, plus meditation& energywork, art/craft (knitting, crochet, spinning, and collage), gardening, and writing (this post has taken me much longer than I'd like to admit to type). It's also been a major blow to morale. I'm feeling decidedly un-anti-fragile and in need of a good dose of equanimity.

As I continue to recover from injury I will most likely play as a Druid. Eventually, though, I have an appointment with the Assassins, some silks to climb, and a me to be a better boss of.

Off to chargen; see you in the starting zone!

• Like 4

lvl 0 Daoine Sidhe(Cave Elf) Recruit
Druid/Assassins take pruning *very* seriously.

"I'm not a bat, but I know things." - Tansy, Symbiont by Mira Grant

Battle log * Recruit Challenge

Oooooh silks.  Like syplh, I am called to this thread by mentions of this!

Welcome!  Hope you love it here!

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I was very happy to have found the Assassin group: all of the ridiculous things I enjoy doing, in one stylish package.

After working with various bodyweight exercises and assisted pullupsI had achieved an actual, factual pullup  before I had to  stop using my wrist. I am glad I hadn't actually finished making and hanging a practice rig, or I would have been even less happy about things than I am, which is < happy.

At heart, I think I'm a Druid/Assassin: we take pruning very seriously.

• Like 2

We either assassinate the adventurer or turn the adventurer into an assassin like ourselves, I imagine. ;)

Just kidding, of course.  Mostly~

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

HAHAHAHA NOT EVERYONE I HAVE MET HAS HEARD OF THE TOASTER.

Ahem, that is to say, I like you.

It can be a communal Assassins' Guild toaster in the Super Secret Scullery.  We know how to share. ;)

• Like 1

?current challenge?

instagram | goodreads

Oh, hey -- as of Feb 10th, I don't have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). I have Systemic Exertion Into|erance Disease (SEID) now, instead, if the Institute of Medicine's report has any say in the matter.

• Like 1

Druid assassins that crochet and garden?! MY PEOPLE!

:D Nice to meet you, Illuviel! 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit