Forums are back in action! ×

New, nuevo, crisp, freshly laundered...

Either way, I'm a noob.

I've got quite a bit to work on. I was (trying to use past tense 'cause new leaf and all) one of those who lied about never having time to work out. Admittedly, I've lurked around NF and the forum for too long never finding the courage to participate and take the necessary steps for change. I'm here now and it's got to count for something when a super introverted girl airs out her most insecure thoughts with a bunch of strangers (but soon to be friends).

Let's see... Most interesting thing about me will vary with everyone but I am funny and supportive and hope to be a good fit here. I'm 200 lbs. give or take a few, and super short chicquita at 5'1.5" - that half counts! :playful: I don't care about the weight at this point, I just want to be strong. I love hiking and scrambling and climbing but I find it so hard when I am this weak. So, there's my goal. I wish to climb like one of those weird goats defying gravity. I want to float from rock to rock like a bee would with flowers.

Here ends a semi-long spiel about what I want. Now let me go out and seize it. Hello all! :nevreness:

Bettyx

• Like 1

Defying gravity is an awesome goal - one we share. ^_^

Welcome to the Rebellion!  Glad you finally took initiative to introduce yourself.  You're right - many of these strangers will soon become your cherished friends.  I hope you love it here!!!

Getting strong will often come with a side of dropping weight anyway - you're already ahead of the curve if you're wanting to strength train.  I started at about the same weight as you, and it wasn't until I picked up some heavy weights that the magic started happening.  How are you planning to tackle your goal of being strong and capable of gravity-defying feats? :D

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Nice!  Heavy lifting is a miracle worker - good on you for not shying away from it!

We'll have another challenge cycle starting up on 2/23 - you should consider drafting some goals and joining!  Your aims are Assassin through and through - we'd love to support you through your journey!

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire