Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

Oh dear god and all that is holy...

So who's racing me to 1400 after this?

edit: You guys make me miss when I first joined up. Me, this_is_seth, bigm1414, and wizardtrip used to have these same pvps. Nothing has ever motivated me more. Alas, all my friends have moved on (from NF, not life).

Yes, the original race to 500# dead lift was epic
  • Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I think I just hit 1000# for the SSSS. I'll post vids maybe this weekend.

s1 305

s2 315x0 (fail. took a massive shit after)

s3 315

b1 255

b2 265

b3 275

d1 395

d2 405

d3 415

Total = 1005, if lifts judge ok

Yeah I was just looking at your battle log post and did the math. Great work on that squat!

I think I just hit 1000# for the SSSS. I'll post vids maybe this weekend.

s1 305

s2 315x0 (fail. took a massive shit after)

s3 315

b1 255

b2 265

b3 275

d1 395

d2 405

d3 415

Total = 1005, if lifts judge ok

We have to wait until the weekend? Fail.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

1) I can't see your get on bench. I'd the rule is for flat feet nor sure we can count it. I don't care though. If say you got em.

2) I'm deducting 5# from your squat because i figure after a massive shit it's just like taking weight off the bar. You still total 1000# tho.

In my eye you got it.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Ew, what made that popping sound at the end of the squat fail, right before you put it on the pins? Made me cringe each time I watched trying to figure out what it was. It happened coming out of the bounce on the third too. Is that your knee?

Your squat depth is on point. Exactly deep enugh that no one will ever call you for not hitting depth, high enough that you're not wasting any energy.

First 2 bench attempts were close on the pause. It was plenty long on the third attempt though. Lockout was a little suspect as you were rushing to rack, but it's not something I think anyone cares about here. Considering taking a hunk out of the bench rack position? Didn't think you were making it back in for a second there.

Deadlifts looked solid. No comments there.

Nice work.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's partly why my squats suck. I have ancient knee damage. Lots of it. I spent nearly a decade hobbling around with my knees locked straight. So my leg strength had a low starting point. Honesty, I didn't warm up enough to avoid those noises, I just warmed up enough to get the lifts done.

Lowering the bench rack position has been in the plans since early February, I'm just lazy. I just need to bust out the dremel and get it done. No excuse, my tools are in that room.

The rush to the rack wasn't out of lack of strength. I felt really good there. I was too excited that the bar went up.

• Like 1

I stopped at Sprecher Brewery yesterday and picked up a beer for you. You have a few options:

1. Black Bavarian

2. Russian Imperial Stout

3. Piper's Scotch Ale

There may have been 1 other.

Well, in case I wasn't clear, I am not going to demand a reward seeing that CB beat us all and didn't accept a reward.

But if you really want to, I can give you my Hawaii based mailing address. You might want to check shipping rates first.

Alternatively, I will also be happy if you were to drink my beer and describe how awesome the beer is in great detail.

Guys let's not pull this modest bullshit. Barring ridiculous shipping rates accept your prize for winning said contest.

I'm not good at describing beers, I'm much better at drinking it.

Well piss, I cam up 20 lbs short. Copy/paste from challenge thread....

Squats

Attempt 1 - 315 lbs

Attempt 2 - 335 lbs

Attempt 3 - 355 lbs (fail)

Bench Press

Attempt 1 - 245 lbs

Attempt 2 - 265 lbs

Attempt 3 - 275 lbs (fail)

Deadlift

Attempt 1 - 365 lbs

Attempt 2 - 380 lbs

Attempt 3 - 400 lbs (fail)

So now I have to decide to keep pushing, g on a cut, or try to do both!

I did the powerlifting meet at Camp and still came up a little short....

Squats

Attempt 1 - 275 lbs

Attempt 2 - 315 lbs

Attempt 3 - 345 lbs (fail)

Bench Press

Attempt 1 - 225 lbs

Attempt 2 - 245 lbs

Attempt 3 - 265 lbs (tied PR)

Deadlift

Attempt 1 - 355 lbs

Attempt 2 - 385 lbs

Attempt 3 - 400 lbs (new PR)

So, the bad news is I got 980 lbs (same as in July). The good news is, I got 980 lbs on the third day of camp. My body was sore from all the activities and hills. I was in a calorie deficit also. I think if I was fresh, I would have nailed the squat. So close!

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't believe I PR'd bench at camp with how my shoulders were feeling. Explains why squats felt so damn heavy though. Those hills!

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625