Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

But was it worth adding 10# to my gut and ass?

Also, the form in my videos sucks. Nothing felt bad and they're 1 RMs, but damn.

That said I'm going on a cut, and I'm gonna drop my weights and get back to training form better.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Yes. The answer is yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

A victory mixed 6.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Or yards. Those are my votes.

500 / 330 / 625

Okay. Halt the congratulations...

I don't think I can count my deadlifts. :(

Like I said, there was a lot of shit form going on. I started researching how to fix the problems last night so I can adjust my next cycle. And this also led to me looking at the IPF rules, etc.

My squat is fine. I'm leaning forward at the bottom, lame form, but I'm hitting below parallel, and I'm coming back up with the weight and locking it out in control.

My bench was good, but the camera angle doesn't let you see that the bar touches my chest. My bad. Just a bad angle.

If honor system is at least in place, for the time being I can still claim those two putting me at 995#.

On my deadlift, however, I might be semi-hitching the bar. I did not know this was a thing, or at least the term anyway. And I'm not full on resting the bar on my thighs, but I'm doing some weird shit to get through the top half.

My videos are taking forever to load, but I'll post my biggest three lifts when I do. You guys can judge for yourselves.

I've probably got this in the next couple of weeks if I can clean up the crap. Make smarter attempts at the 1 RM (yesterday, nearly every rep was a PR as I'm sprinting stupidly for home so I can get a cut started).

I'm 5 lbs. out, but who knows? It's not official until I do it right, and maybe it'll take longer to fix these issues than I think.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

I happily give you shit, but I'm pretty comfortable saying that you got 1000.  I mean, we'll wait to see the video, but I don't mind calling you a winner here.

• Like 1

I'll say this, I'm proud of what I did yesterday, knowing full well the flaws.

But, I wouldn't want to make you guys mail me beer over it if it wasn't up to your approval.

Either way, I'll probably do another, smarter, run at these weights soon with some more training behind me.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

Just to pick some nits cause I'm an asshole

-You just hit parallel, you might be a touch above

-Are you feeling your heels come up of the ground when you squat?  It could've just been my eyes

-Your bench was touch and go

-You definitely hitch like a motherfucker on that 405 pull

I don't care about your form, as when you are lifting this close to your maxes, there are gonna be form breakdowns.

I'll leave it up to the collective to see what they say, but I feel okay calling you the winner.  Then again, I could just still be on a post competition happiness high.

By the way...THANK YOU for looking the way you do.  Lol I think this is the first lifting video you've posted and you pretty much look the way I imagined, which is nice not to be completely off like I was with wildross.

Just to pick some nits cause I'm an asshole

-You just hit parallel, you might be a touch above

-Are you feeling your heels come up of the ground when you squat?  It could've just been my eyes

-Your bench was touch and go

-You definitely hitch like a motherfucker on that 405 pull

I don't care about your form, as when you are lifting this close to your maxes, there are gonna be form breakdowns.

I'll leave it up to the collective to see what they say, but I feel okay calling you the winner.  Then again, I could just still be on a post competition happiness high.

By the way...THANK YOU for looking the way you do.  Lol I think this is the first lifting video you've posted and you pretty much look the way I imagined, which is nice not to be completely off like I was with wildross.

I agree with your assessments.

I didn't notice the depth problem until I saw it on my computer screen, as opposed to the tiny one on my phone. Tiny screens and wanting to be done badly enough distort your vision/judgement. And yeah, heels are coming up a bit. Though I don't really feel it. I'm already working on that.

Touch and go bench: how long should I have held it? In comp you have a ref to tell you. By yourself... time slows down during reps.

Hitching -- its weird, I'm not exactly doing what people in "hitching" youtube videos do. Or at least I don't think so. Maybe better camera angles where we can see if the bar is really resting on my thighs.

And you're welcome, I guess, but that's a weird compliment.

--Stronkey Kong--

I'd say the squat is good. Ugly as shit, but good. Bench I don't know. Do PL benches have to be paused? I didn't realize that (and I might not have as high of a 1rm as I thought). I thought it looked like a clean lift. You hit depth and it wasn't bounced.

Deads on the other hand... yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call no lift on that one.

The paused bench really is only a PLing thing and not really applicable else where. I've been doing all my mock meet bench reps paused as if I'm in a comp. Bit like DD said....a 1 second pause feels like an eternity when you have max weight on your chest.