Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Quest for 1,000 lb Club PvP (Closed)

For your consideration:

Squat: 385#

Bench Press: 225#

Deadlift: 390#

Total: 1000#

Edit: WARNING! If you have audio turn it off/down. The radio station was playing a lot of easy listening Kenny G bullshit. Soprano saxophones should not be played within earshot of barbells.

You have my greenlight for 1k club win.

Hopefully you will still focus on cleaning up your Deadlift form.

Lets see was Cast, Wover, and Gains say.

• Like 1

Winner Winner, beer fest dinner. Nice job sticking with it on that squat.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Thanks. I went too low on it (for an attempt at least), my back robbed a bit, and I almost ditched that squat somewhere in the middle. Rewatching the vid, i notice you can see the bar stop moving a couple times. I had done the weight before and reminded myself that I could do it. I think the fact that I've been doing my toes in the cutting pool, and the damn Kenny g almost got to me.

On bench I'm kinda let down I couldn't put 235# on tape, but that'll come soon.

On deadlift, my back rounding has improved. Compared to a vid from a couple weeks ago @385#. I think my issue is mostly from a weak middle and upper back. I've also been tweaking my stance width. It's a little wider in this vid. Also, i think my gut, on narrower stances gets in the way. Finally, I've been trying to sit back more to help keep the bar over mid foot and get the hands firing earlier so they're ready at the top. Deadlifts can get surprisingly complicated.

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

You didn't go too low, you hit perfect depth. Even an inch higher and I might have called you on depth.\

If you like complications on the DL, go read the link I just posted in the training room.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You didn't go too low, you hit perfect depth. Even an inch higher and I might have called you on depth.\

If you like complications on the DL, go read the link I just posted in the training room.

Well it felt too low.

And already did. Great article! He mentioned a lot of alternatives for fatter lifters, which is the direction my tweaks have taken me. But I'm gonna focus now in getting rid of the gut. I'd rather be able to squeeze in narrower to help my pulling efficiency in the long run.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Well it felt too low.

And already did. Great article! He mentioned a lot of alternatives for fatter lifters, which is the direction my tweaks have taken me. But I'm gonna focus now in getting rid of the gut. I'd rather be able to squeeze in narrower to help my pulling efficiency in the long run.

Yeah, he and Chad gave me a lot of the same tips when I went to their seminar. DLs feel more solid and shorter now that I'm getting used to them. My weak points seem less weak as well, except for grip which still sucks.

500 / 330 / 625

I was gonna wait for Cast to chime in, but it loss like he hasn't been around for a while.

I'm going to decline the beer prize, so no need to send me any. This is just because I'm focusing on cutting now and beer is Achilles's heel. Also, it was a good incentive for me to win mostly so I didn't have to pay for the price of shipping.

I'll also recommend sending two beers to second place. That might speed up the race to second.

But, please let me know what you would've sent so i can keep an eye out for it.

--Stronkey Kong--

My bar path is ridiculous and my ankles always come up somewhat. It's all a combo of mobility problems and largely because my proportions add special challenges to that and i think my setup is not optimal with heavy weights since i have to get there and squat before i tire to early.

I'm forgiving myself because of the circumstances, but at the least it ain't pretty.

--Stronkey Kong--

Passing on beer? Shame sir. Shame.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

For those of you wishing to send beers anyway, I offer my address as a substitute.

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625

Man, I wanted to impress you with my beer. Brewed about 3 miles from where I live.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25961/79457/?ba=July2Nov

Whenever I go to the Brewhaus, I always try out his new brews, but I also always have a White Mountain Porter, because it always wins.

That sounds like my kind of beer too...

#secondthoughts

--Stronkey Kong--

voodoo-doughnut-bacon-ma-20396-202z.jpg

Oh dear god and all that is holy...

So who's racing me to 1400 after this?

edit: You guys make me miss when I first joined up. Me, this_is_seth, bigm1414, and wizardtrip used to have these same pvps. Nothing has ever motivated me more. Alas, all my friends have moved on (from NF, not life).

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

edit: You guys make me miss when I first joined up. Me, this_is_seth, bigm1414, and wizardtrip used to have these same pvps. Nothing has ever motivated me more. Alas, all my friends have moved on (from NF, not life).

Are you still in touch with those guys? What are they up to lifting wise and why did they leave nf?

--Stronkey Kong--

I'll be your friend!

I usually get my hopes up when I get a private message from Gainsdalf. So far they have all been about the deletion of a mildly inappropriate post I made, but you never know, maybe one day the message might be 'how ya feelin' Mac?' and I'll respond with 'good enough to fuck your mother' and then we can be friends.

• Like 2

Fuck that noise. When we all hit 1k, the next PvP is gonna be Wilks related so that my lightweight ass has an advantage.