Forums are back in action! ×

Bad news: I've fallen off the wagon and been eating unbalanced lately.

Nor have I been consistent in my workouts. I only really enjoy the dumbbells and push ups. Not sure what I can do for my legs instead. Maybe long walks?

Good news: Since attending Nerd Fitness, I've gone from loop one on my belt to loop five, the very last loop in my belt. It can't go any lower!

But I weighed myself today and I've gone from 277 to 285.6? I know what Steve says about scales, but is this beyond the normal weight shifting?

Could use some advice and encouragement.

Bad news: Scales are dirty liars.

Good news: It seems like you're doing great despite them!  If you're doing workouts (and have been for a while) and are eating a surplus, you may be putting on a bit of muscle - though not knowing the exact details of the workout frequency/intensity and food intake that's a difficult call to make.  There are other things that could be contributing, as well, but I'm sure people more experienced than me will pop on here and suggest some of them.

So as long as your belt is getting looser and you're feeling like you're getting fitter and healthier, then keep going despite the scales!  Maybe mix it up with some other metrics - try measuring arm/leg/waist circumference, or body fat percentage, or how you look in the mirror with photographs.

To get things back on track, maybe take it one step at a time.  Get better at getting food on track before you tackle the workouts.  Make a weights routine before you start to think about running.  Manageable chunks > burnout.

And whatever else, we believe in you!  Go be awesome!

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)