Forums are back in action! ×

Warhammer, 40K, Warmahordes etc.

they never stopped supporting their minis.

The new rules for were available in 2 waves and wave 3 is on the way. What they did do was stopping their metal miniatures and rereleasing in plastic.

itÅ› a fun game and i really like the strategic aspect 

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

Malifaux is "just" a skirmisher. so you usually got betwenn 5-9 models per side on the table.

Most of the starter packs are pretty good, especially the new plastic ones. Usually you just need a starter pack and maybe 1-2 other miniatures for a thematic competitive list.

The club where i play even has a special 2day event  once a year where we will draft starter boxes. Basically you draft what starter box you get and then have a day and a night to build and paint your crew. on the second day is a tournament where you will play with your new crew. It is like a huge sleepover  for adults ;p

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

Malifaux is "just" a skirmisher. so you usually got betwenn 5-9 models per side on the table.

Most of the starter packs are pretty good, especially the new plastic ones. Usually you just need a starter pack and maybe 1-2 other miniatures for a thematic competitive list.

The club where i play even has a special 2day event  once a year where we will draft starter boxes. Basically you draft what starter box you get and then have a day and a night to build and paint your crew. on the second day is a tournament where you will play with your new crew. It is like a huge sleepover  for adults ;p

Sounds really fun, I will have to do some research on my local club, but right now I got a FW Kharn screaming for paint. Hopefully I will be motivated enough to basecoat him tomorrow.

I have a starter crew released during their 1E, that still doesn't have any rules for 2E.  In addition, the starter crew my brother picked became illegal under the new rules (you are no longer allowed to field the minis together).

If you enjoy it, go for it; like I said the minis are awesome looking.  Just make sure you have a stable group in your area to play with before deciding to jump into it.  Games like WH, 40k, and (to a lesser extent) WarmaHordes will have groups just about anywhere nerds hang out.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

just out of curiosity since i only came to the game at the end of wave2 beta: which crews were that?

and the ppl i have to play with are pretty stable. they are like the malifaux ambassadors here in germany and have a pretty active henchman.

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

I ended up with Hoffman, because robots.  No idea why they don't have rules for him in 2E, as far as I can tell they still sell the minis.

My brother picked up the Victorias.  In 1E, they had a special rule that let you have 2 masters/bosses and the starter crew came with a pair of henchmen.  Essentially, you got fewer models on the table, but they were all badasses.  In early 2E (I haven't checked since Christmas), they updated the minis but didn't change the set (same characters in the starter).  Then they changed the rules so one of the Victorias has to be a henchman and you can only field 2 of the 3 that now come in the box.

I can't say much about the current sets, as we both lost interest when our chosen crews stopped being supported.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

well you can definately play hoffman. i have him as well and rules have been out for quite a while. if you like i can check if he was in wave1 or wave2 of 2nd ed.

The viks are played very often as well in our local group since they are one of the stronger crews. you can field any faction model with the viks afaik. same as for other masters

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind

*thread necromancy*

but we had an awesome event last weekend. here are some impressions: http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=142698

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

Daily Grind