Forums are back in action! ×

What do YOU want for Christmas?

It would be great to get him a gambeson or fencing jacket, but I need to shop around a bit. .... My own mom is getting hand-knitted socks, two pairs if I can find the time. I'm sending my grandparents back in the states a patchwork blanket I knitted.

I see you knit, are you on Ravelry? I'm trying to finish some socks for a friend I started 3 years ago! Also on the gambeson, modern or historical? If historical Reconstructing History has several good patterns for accurate ones.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I see you knit, are you on Ravelry? I'm trying to finish some socks for a friend I started 3 years ago! Also on the gambeson, modern or historical? If historical Reconstructing History has several good patterns for accurate ones.

Yep, I'm on there as ZenGwen too! I don't get on it as much as I should lately though, I should really upload some pictures of my current projects.

A historical one would be really cool, but a modern one would be okay too. We (well, he - I'm not at the moment, but will get back into it at some point) do longsword combat. It's not attached to a re-enactment group or anything, but it is all stuff our members worked out from medieval German texts. So there's a mix of modern and reenactment equipment going around. :)

I have a couple friends who produce such things professionally, eventually I'll get one made for him... but right now, just being able to afford something would be cool. :)

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Catspaw, how do you always find the coolest jobs?! So fun!

I think this would be a cool gift. I mean, come on! "We'll put a happy little bush riiight here."

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Yep, I'm on there as ZenGwen too! ....but right now, just being able to afford something would be cool. :)

Just friended you there.

Check out reconstructinghistory.com for their patterns and make one. Bound to be cheaper and a hell of a lot of fun too ;-)

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

sometimes a great gift idea is getting tix to an event you and [other person] would enjoy, like a concert, sporting event, accordion competition, etc. that way it's a gift that keeps on giving. win-win, all the way around.

Tickets to an accordion competition=good.

Some sort of lessons might also be good (piano lessons are on my Christmas list) but only if you know the other person wants them.

This needs a bump. I got stocking stuffer gifts for the wifey but am still looking for a better idea for the main gift than I currently have.

Some sort of lessons might also be good (piano lessons are on my Christmas list) but only if you know the other person wants them.

Cooking lessons. Definitely get the wives cooking lessons.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Cooking lessons. Definitely get the wives cooking lessons.

The dudes should be doing cooking too. :P

Cooking is like alchemy: you get to transmute lead into gold. If you don't learn how to cook, you're stuck with lead. Sucks for you.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

For christmas I would love for my husband to get a great new job so everything in my life can go back to normal!

I would like to have a wonderful vacation somewhere fun and spectacular and a new bikini to wear there...oh, and add in the spectacularly in shape body I know I will eventually have after training and eating right!

World peace, an end to hunger, personal rights and freedoms and going on tour with my favorite rock bands would be nice too!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I always want more musical instruments or other miscellaneous accessories, but I definitely do not need anything else. There are way too many instruments in my house getting neglected. I cannot be trusted to go into a guitar shop without a chaperone. I go in for a couple of picks, and come out with a guitar. It's crazy.

Not much else as far as material things. Being a single guy with fairly simple needs, I don't have too big of a "wish list". Usually if I want something, I just get it (if it is affordable, and I can justify the expenditure, of course).

I always want more musical instruments or other miscellaneous accessories, but I definitely do not need anything else. There are way too many instruments in my house getting neglected. I cannot be trusted to go into a guitar shop without a chaperone. I go in for a couple of picks, and come out with a guitar. It's crazy.

Not much else as far as material things. Being a single guy with fairly simple needs, I don't have too big of a "wish list". Usually if I want something, I just get it (if it is affordable, and I can justify the expenditure, of course).

I have the same issue, except not with musical instruments but with books. And the whole buying when I want something can get bad since Amazon makes it so easy to purchase weird stuff :) Makes it hard for others to shop for me.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I want more Giant Microbes for Christmas! It's sad, but true.

or:

More chainmaille rings

Yarn and lots of it

George R.R. Martin's Dance of Dragons

African cichlids

PS3 or Xbox

Tickets to Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA :P

TEA!!!

Neil Gaiman's Sandman Graphic novel series (still haven't gotten around to getting them!)

For the boy:

Beer journal.

Mad Elf Beer and glass set

--yeah he likes beer.

My sister is getting a handmade knitted lace tam that I am currently knitting. My mom is getting homemade jelly and marmalade. My grandmother is getting a new fish tank and tetras.

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

I got my wife Nike+ for the ipod since she needs something to motivate her in running. (She did ask for it.)

I need new shoes since I may run a hole through one of them by the end of the year.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

I was kidding catspaw. It is black magic alchemy, the good thing is my wife loves doing it and I'm no allowed in the kitchen very often.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I totally figured out what I actually want... A home boxing set up (or the starts of it).

And books by this guy.

Want.want.want.want.

Oh, and some massage gift certificates.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Oh, and some massage gift certificates.

This is on my wish list as well. I'm not a huge fan of gift certificates, but this is one of the exceptions to that rule! :) (As opposed to the gift certificates to, say, Walmart, which is so unspecific and almost-but-not-quite as nice as just giving straight up cash)

I started building up an Amazon Wish List. Now my Amazon recommendations are all funny - Barbell collars, frilly aprons, LEGO Harry Potter 2 (added to list! Yes!), recording equipment. Who? What? :P

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr