Forums are back in action! ×

Introductions, eh?

I'm 18, just getting ready for college. I've grown up athletic - I snowboard, and have played soccer, basketball, softball, and lacrosse - but always have been a bit overweight. I'm now coming off of my lacrosse season, and have gotten out of shape way faster than I'd like to admit.

I'm healthy overall, buuuuut I'd like to be able to do cool things like flips and climbing trees and running through the woods and stuff like that (I've always wanted to go on an adventure and pretend I'm in the Hobbit or something but we'll not get into that.) I'm just not entirely sure how to get started without a team and a coach. Therefore, the Rebellion. Plus, I like the idea of gamifying everything. I find working out just for the sake of working out incredibly boring. Making it like a game is way better.

I'm trying to clean up my eating too, but it's pretty difficult when you're still living with your parents who pretty much control what food is in stock in your house. I'm getting better about it though. I'd like to get into good exercise and nutrition habits before college starts so I don't have to deal with the whole Freshman 15 thing. So...we'll see how that goes.

Lastly...anxiety disorders yay! I have three. Fun time, eh? Nah, but exercising and feeling physically well helps a lot with that, so that's a big thing. I'm definitely getting better but I'm a long way from being fine. 

I guess that's an introduction. I dunno. Have fun doing whatever you're doing today!

• Like 1

Level 0 Wood Elf  | Recruit

DEX 0 | WIS 0 | CON 0 | STR 0 | STA 0 | CHA 0
Current challenge

Tervetuloa vaikka olitkin täällä parikymmentä minuuttia aiemmin! And is the problem now with agility or strenght to do those things? 

Hei, kiitos! I think its probably both. I mean I have the base to build up my strength and agility, but creating "functional strength" to do it is the hard part. All the strength I have is for pretty much bracing against shots (lacrosse goalkeeper aka getting beat up for fun) and throwing a ball as far as I can. I am plenty strong and fit for lacrosse, but I can't do a lot of basic stuff like push ups or pull ups or other general strength things because that's not the kind of strength I use in lacrosse, if that makes sense. 

You sound like you just need some focus. You have the skills already. 

Yeah I think that's a solid amount of it. I have zero focus for much of anything.

Welcome to the rebellion!

It sounds like you might want to try parkour. Check out the subforum here too.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hey, thanks! I'd like to do parkour, just not entirely sure how to start without making a fool of myself haha :)

Level 0 Wood Elf  | Recruit

DEX 0 | WIS 0 | CON 0 | STR 0 | STA 0 | CHA 0
Current challenge

Around where we live parkour is bit overlooked. Most of the practitioners are around age 13. If you can't do something like pushups or pull ups you can practise them quite easily. If you want i can send you some tips in finnish. Are you looking for going to the gyms or maybe willing to do more of a bodyweight training?

I'd suggest gym especially if you have anxiety problems. you could let some steam of there and maybe find new likeminded friends. Training alone can be a pain and at gym there is always someone you can compete with.

Totally feel ya on the finals- just graduated too, and the end of the year was complete chaos, and my couch is currently my best friend, since all of my friends are out of town for the summer. You can do it though! Grab a friend or make some new ones at the gym! We're rooting for you here at the Rebellion!

Keep on keepin' on!