Forums are back in action! ×

29!?!?!? Where did the time go?

Hello fellow rebels! My name is Mitch, nice to meet you all.

In early January while celebrating a friends 30th birthday it hit me that I would be turning 29 later this year and it really made me stop and evaluate my life and what I've accomplished.  I will be finishing my Bachelors degree next fall and last year I was able to transition from my job as a 911 dispatcher to working in the IT field as a data analyst, much less interesting but I enjoy it more and I am much happier now.  Despite these positive accomplishments I couldn't help but focus more on the fact that I weighed almost 350 lbs and with my inactive lifestyle and awful eating habits that number was only going to keep going up if I didn't change something.  

I started going to the gym by running on the elliptical and doing a very basic machine oriented lifting routine, and I attempted to limit how much I ate out.  By early April I had gone from struggling to run for 30 minutes and complete 2 miles to finishing 5 miles in 45 minutes and my weight was down to 305.  The problem was I was starting to plateau and get bored, and then I went on vacation.  When I got back it was very difficult to get motivated again.  This was when I found Nerd Fitness.  Several of the articles on the blog and the academy have done a great deal to help me get back on track.

I've cut back on the time I'm spending on the elliptical (largely due to problems with plantar faciitis) and moved to more weight lifting and circuit work outs. I have also decided to put more focus on improving my diet.  I'm hoping joining the rebel community will help me stay on track and keep me going even when my motivation is low.  I look forward to getting to know everyone :) 

Level 1 Thing-a-ma-bob

STR : 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | CON: 0 | CHA: 0 | WIS: 0

Challenge: 1