Forums are back in action! ×

Just came in from Tosche Station

A very good morning, afternoon and evening,

found this page while searching for food/health/excercises pages with a geek twist some time ago and it's a real gem.

Lot of the truths/stuff that worked for me in the past spelled out freely and in a great format. So on a sidenote, big Kudos for that!

...erm... yeah.. /wafflemode off....

Been working on my weight since late 2012 and after initial "quick" losses that were down to having a lot to loose (320 lbs) things slowed down as to be expected.

Started to count cal intake and going to the Gym. 6 am , friend of the fluffy man with low self-esteem. .. yeah... i know.. . ;)

Since Jan I went from 220 to 209lbs which seems healthy/normal, but now.... <da-da-daaaaaa> things are slowing doooown in terms of weight loss.

Partly me being spoilt by easy wins so far, but I also suspect that I'm at a point where I need to put more thought and effort into the way I exercise and eat, i.e. get more specific and focused.

So that's what I'm here for. Bounce my "cunning plans" of the community, ask for guidance and eventually start working on a log to have some of accountability (... shudder...).

Well, and share some encouragement and love of course :)

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

Many thanks guys. I think I might start looking into a daily battle log... given how long it took me to respond that might just be necessary... jeez.. time flies when ... well... at work... :)

Thanks Vegito.. good point that.. so used not looking in the mirror... have to start making progress pics.

Diet is currently around 1500-1800 cals per day... trying to keep carbs low in the evening and get enough veg and fruit in. Thinking of getting real strict and down to 1300.. probably my first challenge.. 

Welcome to the rebellion. Did you remember to pick up the power converters? (see thread title).  How tall are you? You may not want to restrict your calories that much depending on your needs. Also, you may want to start checking your waistline measurement. For lifters, that can be a better gauge than the scale.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thank you both, and apologies for the delay in responding. I'm an office dweller by day... heaviest thing I move is the space key. (..doesn't even have microswitches these days :) )

I'm 5.9... and so far I have to admit that I haven't tried the low cal count; I'm kinda worried in re to mood and alertness.

Thanks for the  tip with the waistline.. I'll definitely give that a go