Forums are back in action! ×

Frustration...Respawning after ONE DAY :_(

This post is going to sound particularly lazy, excuse-y, and blame-everyone-but-myself-y. I apologize in advance.

So, last night I got a migraine. This may not seem like a big deal, except my migraines are severe. At one point I had a serious conversation with my neurologist about collecting disability for it. I had to drop out of school as a sophomore (have gotten GED and starting college in the fall) because I just couldn't attend school.

Now, after 4 years (actually, my whole Damn life... I had to stop public school when I was small) I figured something out. If I am active, IE standing up for most of the day, my headaches happen less frequently (I'm down to 8 headache days a month :D!!!) and if I eat very cleanly with a lot of physical activity (lots of lifting and walking, when I had my job) I only had one headache at most each week, and it either went away while I worked or stayed managable until the my shift was over. It was great.

Unfortunately I quit my job recently and my activity has gone way down... Only about 2 hours worth of activity (I'm working to change that) and so the severity and frequency are rising quickly. It hasn't been bad enough to hospitalize yet though!

Well, last night I had a migraine. Small compared to normal. While I can't eat during one, after the pain goes away I get absolutely ravenous! And I don't crave what I normally eat... I crave chocolate and coffee (which I quit eating as- believe it or not, they were a big trigger) and something GREASY.

Now, I know it's stupid to blame that for my mess ups, but gosh... I'm already pissy and still suffering from certain migraine symptoms, the medication I take for it (sumitriptan injections and 600mg Motrin for less severe migraines) sends me into "Homicidal Bitch Monster" mode (Same for my Dad... We are allergic to most medicines and the ones we aren't allergic to make us aggressive... And the thing is, we don't even realize it so if someone says "OI, YOU CRANKY TODAY" we start rowing down denial river... With extra Bitch sauce in our haterade), and I just want some comfort food that makes my suffering worth it! At least, in my head.

And then when I eat it, I'm like... Gosh, that was soooo not worth it... Well, except that grease bomb... Totally worth it.

And then about half an hour later...

*Gag--gurgle--"OOOOH NO"--*spews vomit everywhere in parking lot... store trashcan... And bathroom*

It's just frustrating because it's the same cycle...

Headache-crave-binge-puke.

Heck, it wasn't even a BINGE... Literally, cup of coffee+frenchtoast+a bite of tilapia (that stuff is NOT not-fried, way too greasy...)

Sigh. You would think that after a lifetime of this I would learn, but nope...

Pity party over :)

On what I'm doing to try and move past this, I've decided to meal prep (Mostly... can't do avocado the night before, it turns brown) and walk around the house/clean a room every day to keep me active to help reduce severity/frequency.

So....

Yeah!

GOOD EVENING.

I hope glitter rains on you from the sky!

.... rowing down denial river ... With extra Bitch sauce in our haterade...

I think I'm gonna hug you just for this sentence.  Even if that doesn't make anything better.

Um.  I'm sure you've tried everything and I'm just being stupid, but ... maybe when you get hungry, try something full of water?  Like, herbal tea or coconut water or one of those green smoothies?  I enjoy coffee but it is hard on the digestion, even for people who don't get migraines.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I feel you on migraines. I used to get about 2-4 a week and if i caught them early enough they would be minor and not debilitating. I would only get those about once every other month (probably not to the extent you get them) which would turn me into a useless log as any sound or light stimulation would nearly bring me to tears. I thought everyone experienced these for years i called them head aches. 

I also have a friend who has had severe migraines since she was a kid (about 29 years now) and no medicine helps or shes allergic to them. 

glad that there are ways that help mitigate the frequency of them and best of luck with your first challenge! 

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal