Forums are back in action! ×

So hey there, fellow magical creatures!

So hey there, fellow magical creatures! How's it going?

Anyhow, I've been on here for a couple of weeks waiting for the next 6 week challenge to start. And so start it has! I made my list of introduction-y stuff yesterday, but failed to post it because I went to my first ever Crossfit class last night, and it was super late when I got home (by late, I mean 9 o'clock). Anyhow, I did it. I joined Crossfit.

Anyhow, a little bit about me:

I just graduated high school. (Huzzah!) I went to a K-12 school for 7 years, and I was pretty intensly bullied for the first 5 of those years. As a partial consequence, I developed an angsiety disorder. I've spent the last two trying to get my self-confidence back, but I'm still really struggling there. One of my goals on this journey is to get my mo-jo back. 

I never did sports in high school, not only because I lacked self confidence, but because there was a pretty heavy drinking culture surrounding sports at my school. As someone with a family history of alcoholism, I was not up for that. 

I'm already pretty skinny (at 5' 10, I weigh about 130 lbs.), so what I really need to focus on are these two things: endurance, and strength. I don't want to die if there is a zombie apocalypse. 

I want to build a community of positive people around me. Several of the people who bullied me were "friends." I don't want that anymore.

I love to cook! My favorite cooking websites are Yummly.com and the New York Times Cooking website. They're great, have lots of healthy recipes, and are super easy to use and navigate. 

I love to read. One of my favorite book is The Prince of Tides. If Shakespear had been raised on fried chicken and sweet tea, he might have written something similar.

I am a HUGE Disney lover. Mulan= badass, and I have always wanted to be able to climb trees like Tarzan.

So, yeah. That's me. See y'all around!

• Like 1

Keep on keepin' on!

huzzah!

o7

I think some of the facets of self-confidence is an attitude you gotta approach things with. If you're not sure if you want to try something, maybe you can think "Why not?" and do it anyways.

I remember watching "Yes, Man!" and it inspired me to try new things all the time. It gave me the confidence to do something I dread very much.

So that's how it was with me and public speaking. I didn't want to do it in the first place. And then I joined Toastmasters. Holy moly. I didn't realize I love delivering speeches. That I loved to teach what I know. That "Why not" moment made me move into liking public speeches.

So maybe you should approach things with a "Why not?" kind of look and see where it takes you.

Of course, go with your gut.

And WOO DISNEY! Mulan's my favorite princess! <3 Although I can't ever go wrong with pirates.

Welcome to the Rebellion, friend!

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

Hello! Welcome!

I'm new here too, and this is also my first challenge! So exciting! I'm looking forward to your updates!

Ps: I'm also a HUGE DISNEY NERD!!! Ariel FTW!!!

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

| STR 9.75 | DEX 10.5 | STA 13.5 | CON 15 | WIS 11.75 | CHA 14.25 |

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: {1st}{2nd}{3rd}{4th}{5th}{6th}

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%