Forums are back in action! ×

Happy Sunday from Chicago!

Coming up with titles is the worst!

I'm Holly, as the username would imply, and I'm a newly minted 28 year old. My interests include gaming, music, and frequently changing my hair color. I've been on a quest to lose about 50 lbs since April of this year, but due to a huge life change in June that set my world on its end, I've been a bit of a slacker. However, after reading Spezzy's crazy inspirational story, as well as a good friend's progress (http://skinnygeek.tumblr.com/ <-- she's awesome, and well worth a look for geeky ladies looking for some inspiration), I've decided that 28 will be my best year yet.

I'm a Fitocracy member (which I need to keep up on, ugh) :

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/holly/

I'd like to utilize this as a means to really get inspired and keep on track. The community 'round these parts seems like a really great group of people, and I'm hoping I'll find a nice little home here. =D

Everyone enjoy your Sunday, and don't let Monday's looming ominousness get you down.

I was from Chicago at one point. Now appreciating moving to a warmer climate, although it is freezing here today too. Glad to have you here. I think one of the keys to success in this journey is to deal effectively with the curve balls that life throws at us. Looks like you're back on the saddle again (congratulations) and I look fwd to reading about your successes.

Darn, now I have cravings for chicago dogs, italian beef and and harold's chicken shack.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Yay, another Chicagoan! I too frequently changed my hair colour before enlisting in the Air Force. Now I'm stuck with "natural" colours...how dull.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

ah another Chicagoan! i like you already. welcome to the forum - i'll ask along with everyone else: whatcha got going on, and how can we help? :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.