Forums are back in action! ×

Does anybody else ride motorcycle?

I'm just curious I've only been riding for a little over a year now but I find it to be great fun. Its focusing and relaxing at the same time. i rock a Yamaha V Star 650, not big enough to get a new rider in too much trouble but still peppy. we have tons of twisty roads in the hills here, bonus :)

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

I don't, but try looking up karinajean and sylph!  They both do, I am pretty sure!!  KJ posts about it all the time. :)

• Like 1

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Yep - out of practice as my front brake started leaking over the winter and I still haven't sorted it out.  Physics is a cruel harsh mistress, and front brakes are a critical component for physics on a motorcycle. 

Pilots like to joke that a Cessna is just enough airplane to get you to the scene of the crash.  In our case - any motorcycle is just barely enough to kill you.  Don't get comfortable with the apparent lack of power.  I have yet to meet a motorcycle that won't kill me.  Or someone in a land yacht who won't notice you and kill you all the same. 

It would be a bit of a stretch to get your neck of the woods with my current bike, but if you are ever in the Colorado area look me up.

- Murphy's Roommate

• Like 1

I like your Cessna quote, when I was a kid I dreamed of being a pilot. Having looking into the licensing process now it seems like an expensive way to spend most of the flight making sure you don't get to the scene of the crash. Maybe an ultralight someday :)  I did take the MSF course before I got my motorcycle license and they definitely hammer into your head the degree to which you are exposed when riding. I've had a couple moments already that puckered my butthole, so I'm trying to take it slow and learn to ride deliberately. I've never been to Colorado but I'm sure I will someday, until then ride like you're invisible.

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

I've been riding a street bike since I was 16. Got my license and used the money I had saved to by a motorcycle instead of a car. It was a 1980 Honda CB400. It was cheap and small but I loved that bike. I bought it with my own cash and I was proud to call it mine. Now I have an 04 suzuki volusia. Its a nice little cruiser. I also have a 92 Honda Nighthawk in my basement that I had fun riding for about 10 years. It's been parked for a while but maybe one day I will pull it out, clean it up, and ride it again. More likely though the only reason I would pull it out would be to sell it.

Dustoff 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Human Rebel

-----------------------------------------------------------

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%