Forums are back in action! ×

best workout headphones

I need some good headphones for when i workout. You never see me without my headphones because music is my life and i'm not the most social person. So i'm looking for earbuds that have great sound and good for blocking out noise. I like to be able to zone out and not be distracted. I go through about 1 or 2 pairs a month so i need a pretty tough pair of headphones. I'm on a pt team and during practices and competitions my headphones always fall out. Bugs the hell out of me!

I've had a pair a bose before but they only lasted me about 2 months.

My parents have offered to buy me a nice pair under $200 for christmas.

Any suggestions?

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77

I had a brand that hooked behind my ear so they stayed in place really well. They were still earbuds, but they had a bit of plastic that wrapped around the back. They held my glasses on nicely too. I've lost them since then, so I don't know what the brand was, but I figured I'd suggest looking into something like that.

For the kind of money you're suggesting I'd look at Shures. I have some SE215s which are great - these are proper audiophile headphones that sound brilliant.

That said, I don't like the idea of taking £100 in-ear headphones to the gym, so I use an old, knackered pair of Sennheiser CX400s (originally ~£40) - if they break I'm not going to cry and they sound ok. TBH when youre moving a lot the fidelity will be reduced so no need to go for ultra quality.

Whatever you are, be a good one.

I like these. People tend to have...strong opinions regarding Bose but I like these. They are very comfortable and they updated the ear tip design a year or so ago to stay in your ear much better. I have never had a problem when running with them falling out since I got the new tips.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I have 2 pair that get regular use, but my primary ones I use 90%+ of the time are Ultimate Ear Triple-fi 10s. I use them with Comply Foam tips and love them! My other pair are UE Super-fi 4s that have been modded with a cord from a pair of iBuds. The TF10s are great because they have memory wire that wrap around your ears, and the comply foam tips block out all sounds. Like you, I'm rarely without headphones, so I feel that spending a little extra for high quality is more than worth it.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Also, check out the forums at http://www.head-fi.org/f/ for more suggestions. Great forum where this kind of question is asked a good bit.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I use these. Philips Neckband Headphones

They are light, comfortable, decent sound and they do not come off.

I constantly had trouble with ear buds and in-ear headphones falling out or getting pulled out in various ways. These stay on and the worst that happens is they pull on my ear a bit if I hook the cord.

The other great thing is that they are $11 and have lasted me 3 years or more, I have lost track. I don't know what I would do if I bought an expensive pair of headphones and had an accident at the gym. I can just see a plate falling on them or accidentally stepping on them.

These are not anywhere close to audiophile-quality sound but they do well enough and in a gym situation, they work well enough.

I'm a Week Late and Pissed Off Challenge 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

I've never actually heard of sennheiser. But they looked them up and they look pretty nice. I think i might go with a pair them or UE. It's so hard to decide which one! :confused:

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77