Forums are back in action! ×

The nerdist thing you do?

I run the university anime club, but my roommate runs the larping group so I guess I'm outnerded haha.

I love the foam swords though. I think everyone should work out their fights with sword fights.

Everyone is nerdy in their own fashion. You can keep your Nerd card

Foam swords, that sounds like SO much fun!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I defended my dissertation on manga and scanlators three years ago. I haven't done the research thing since then, though. :(

Also currently working on a mobile for my 6-week-old, featuring crocheted space vessels: Enterprise NCC-1701-D, Serenity, TARDIS, maybe Slave One if I can find a decent pattern.

Attend Gen Con every year!

• Like 1

..:: Tiny Oak .:. Level 2 Wood Elf Druid ::..

..:: STR: TBD | DEX: TBD  | STA: TBD | CON: TBD | WIS: TBD | CHA: TBD ::..

..:: Current Challenge .:. Challenge the First ::..

Goal 1: Dance and Be Merry!

0%
0%

Goal 2: Write It Down!

0%
0%

Goal 3: Hoard my Riches!

100%
100%

Goal 4: Clean It Up!

0%
0%

Hey everyone,  I am very new here and thought this might be a good place to start getting friendly with everyone. 

I have quite a few nerd loves. Magic the gathering is probably the most nerdy but I love Anime and I can't stop myself from watching every terrible Sci-fi movie on netflix. I was a Linux nerd for a while but since I work with Microsoft that has pretty much been put on the back burner. 

I have some other not so nerdy hobbies like riding motorcycles and working on my car. 

"Every day is a step forward, if you keep going in the right direction you will get to where you want to be. "

I play FFXIV (used to raid, drama got too much for me, filthy casual now), Dragon Age, Skyrim, random other stuff less often like the Sims series, Port Royale 3, Crusader Kings 2 (which I am awful at). My mobile games of choice are Star Realms & Scramble with Friends.

I read sci fi & fantasy, grew up attached to Star Trek: TNG (Wesley was my first girlhood celebrity crush), have played pen & paper D&D in the past, Neverwinter Nights, and other games based on older rulesets. Played M:tG for a bit in my youth (was terrible at it and also had trouble finding people to play with).

That's probably about it.

Hello all. New here and jumping in with this one. 

I suppose it depends on which type of nerd we are talking about. When we go to Jimmy Buffett concerts we are decked out in the typical parrothead gear. This year I found mini tiki torches to put on our portable bar. As for sci-fi nerdy, well in the last 50 years I've done a lot of nerdy. Dressed up as an Ewok for Halloween, dressed up for Rocky Horror, built a TARDIS for my daughter out of a refrigerator box, it really runs the gambit. I guess the nerdiest thing I've done lately was spend $50 on the Fr. Leopold Celebrates Mass Lego set for my office. 

• Like 2

Peace,

Chuck

"Yes, I am a pirate. Two hundred years too late."

To add to my nerd cred: I went to the gym while wearing my Legend of Zelda Wristband as my only source of drying.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I just started attending Rapier training as my first SCA thing I'm doing. I'm in the Kingdom of Atlantia!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal