Forums are back in action! ×

Barely of Legal Age *^*

Hello people!

Introductions first:

My name is Kimon(or Kimonas whichever you like) and I am an 18 year old dude from Greece. I found NF about a year ago when I was surfing the webz. I lurked around a bit, read some of the blog posts and visited the forum, but I saw the rule about this being an adult community so I didn't join. Just before my finals this year, I remembered this site and made an account cause I was days away from turning 18. Some stuff happened the last two months (including the actual finals) and I forgot all about it, but, now, here I am!

As far as fitness goes, I'm not a total noobie. I've been diligently going to my karate lessons since I was six, that's until 10 years after that, when I entered my 2nd year of high school. During the last two of those 10 years I also did kick boxing in parallel. To be honest, although I was kind of fit and relatively good at the sport I was practicing, I was always a bit overweight and never proud of my eating habits. Things got worse during the last two years of high school. Due to personal reasons, I was living alone, you can imagine what that meant about my eating schedule, I was studying a lot and I was almost not exercising at all. I sincerely thank the people who sometimes brought me homemade food or the situation would have been even bleaker. Anyway, now that I'm done with my finals and have taken care of my most serious issues (I'll be going to university in France, hurrah), I'm ready to do something about my weight problem.

Right now, I stand at about 180 cm, or 5'9" for you non-metrics, and weigh at 93 kilos, or, again for you non-metrics, 205 lbs.

At the moment, my goal is to lose 10-15 kilos, or 22-33 lbs, and pick my martial arts back up while I'm settling down in France and beginning my studies. I don't know how this community will factor into my efforts for a fresh start, but, considering what I've already seen, I'm pretty confident it will offer me many practical benefits, not to mention a positive effect on my attitude.

Quick note: My father is a diabetologist/dietologist so I'll know if y'all give me unhealthy eating advice >.<

Just joking  :nevreness:

• Like 2

Hiya fellow Newbie!

Those are some solid goals, and they seem completely doable, especially considering you've got a history of being involved with karate. It might help bring a sense of routine and familiarity back into your life (which could be good after what you've gone through and then moving to a new country!). Kind of like the feeling when you fall back on old habits, but these are good ones :)

As for the nutrition side, this site is jammed full of awesome advice!

And, from what I've seen, this community is very supportive and knowledgeable. I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hiya to you too!

Yeah, these are some simple starting goals to get me going and to make sure I won't bite more than I can chew. I certainly hope I can find a good dojo in my city and find that routine again, or else I'll have to be doing my forms, my technique drills and my shadowboxing outside, and that can be embarassing  :redface-new:

I look forward to seeing me around the boards as well! And you of course.

>.>

<.<

So smooth.

• Like 1

Sheesh though, so much stuff around here, don't even know where to begin!

This the 3rd week of the 6 week challenge, so if you want to get into that, I'd suggest you wait, prepare and post your challenge when the next one begins. Since it will be your first one, you should post in the Recruits section of the forum. Once that is complete, you can set the following in the guild of your choice. Since you mentioned karate, that would probably be the Monks who are into martial arts. Until then, you can introduce yourself in their Guild Chat and check out some monk threads

If you want to start tracking your progress, you can set up a Battle Log

If you haven't done it already, you can read some of Steve's articles

Besides that, it really depends on your goals and what you're interested in.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Yeah, I've been reading around the forums and I saw that it's kind of late to take part in this 6-week challenge. I also read up on the guilds and the real-life-roleplaying thing, I must say it's really interesting. Definitely a monk, yeah xD

I hadn't seen the Battle Log, thanks for that and generally for your advice. Gotta run now, cya some other time!

Hi Overblaze! I'm also new and into martial arts as well. Good luck with your fitness journey! I can totally relate to information overload.... if only this was the matrix and we could just assimilate it all into our brains in seconds... and then add the secret-ninja-master-blackbelt program to top that.. haha!

I wish I'd discovered martial arts earlier like yourself, its such a rare blessing to discover what you really,really like when you are that young!

Again, good luck and you can do it :D

• Like 1

"You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be."

Race: Hybrid Elemental Dragon Spirit || Class: Recruit following the Monks around

Attributes:  0 STR | 0 DEX | 0 STA | 0 WIS | 0 CHA | 0 CON

Track my first challenge here

"Do or do not, there is no try."

Suck it up and SHINE: Perfect my Morning Ritual daily

7%
7%

Become a Strong Lady Ninja 5-6 days/week

40%
40%

Become a Flexible and Agile Lady Ninja 2-3 days/week

36%
36%

Eat Real Food, 90-110g protein/day

41%
41%

Hello and welcome!  Glad to have you in the Rebellion.  :)

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.