Forums are back in action! ×

CarJack Vs. JDanger

Guest Snake McClain

Like a shot through the heart...

That was no joke my favorite song as a youngster. I didn't even know who sang it until I was much older but I'll be damned if it doesn't take me back. I don't know what this tells you about me as a full grown "adult".

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

That was no joke my favorite song as a youngster. I didn't even know who sang it until I was much older but I'll be damned if it doesn't take me back. I don't know what this tells you about me as a full grown "adult".

It's a great song! The opening riff just get's you pumped.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Mine was bad medicine. And I may or may not have been BFF with Mr. Jovi... at least.. in the imaginary sense.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

And I may or may not have been BFF with Mr. Jovi... at least.. in the imaginary sense.

I went to a.. bad (but oh so good?) place on this one. ETF knows what I'm talking about.

Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Mine was bad medicine. And I may or may not have been BFF with Mr. Jovi... at least.. in the imaginary sense.

my imaginary BFF was rob lowe from st. elmo's fire. he played a mean saxomophone.

265029.jpg

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Jenny Lewis of Troop Beverly Hills semifame and, later, Rilo Kiley (so it counts).

Also, She-Ra. For realz.

And Rob Lowe was the bomb in Youngblood. Still one of my favorite all time movies.

Rob Lowe! I watch many cheesy 80s movies in which he is a vital role.

And I love that you just referenced Troop Beverly Hills. I may or may not (read: may) love that movie. And Rilo Kiley's not so bad, either.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

troop beverly hills ftw!

we should start an 80s thread. just everything 80s, aka, everything awesome. i need a place to divulge my never-ending love to A-Ha's Take On Me.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Jenny Lewis of Troop Beverly Hills semifame and, later, Rilo Kiley (so it counts).

Also, She-Ra. For realz.

And Rob Lowe was the bomb in Youngblood. Still one of my favorite all time movies.

I second this about Jenny Lewis!

As for Rob Lowe and recent times, I loved him in this past season of Californication. Hilarious!!! Tempted to throw some quotes out there, but not sure they'd be appropriate :shame:

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I'm so happy I finally found a place where people understand my love for Troop Beverly Hills. Every. Single. Other. Time. I bring it up whomever I'm talking to just gives me that wtf are you talking about look. It probably doesn't help that I'm a grown man talking about a movie based around a Girl Scout troop but I was a kid at the time damnit!

As for the 80's thing in general, I think we've found our new flame thread extinguishing material.

troop beverly hills ftw!

we should start an 80s thread. just everything 80s, aka, everything awesome. i need a place to divulge my never-ending love to A-Ha's Take On Me.

YES! Oh man! I loved this video (love this video)! Remember music videos, guys? I miss them.

i agree that ^ is a great song.

if i could, i'd have it play every time i walked into my home. and i'd do the carlton and the running man and just freaking love life.

if i could, i'd have it play every time i walked into my home. and i'd do the carlton and the running man and just freaking love life.

I feel like doing The Carlton and The Running Man in the same dance sequence requires a lot of skill... they are not complementary movements.

I feel like doing The Carlton and The Running Man in the same dance sequence requires a lot of skill... they are not complementary movements.

more like lack of coordination and rhythm. i kind of seizure my way around the dance floor. it's not always pretty, i guess. :)

more like lack of coordination and rhythm. i kind of seizure my way around the dance floor. it's not always pretty, i guess. :)

And here I thought you just had mad skillz! I'm very much like this:

Guest Snake McClain

but would you or the world be in black and white?

@laura - bahahaha. sweet fancy moses!

@67alecto - i'm speechless. no. words.

80s fun fact:

Robyn Lively, the actress who plays cutie-pie Loiuse in the incredibly awesome 80s flick Teen Witch, is the older sister of one Blake Lively, Gossip Girl actress and Ryan Reynolds dater.

blake%20robyn.jpg

Louise all growed up!