Forums are back in action! ×

LARPing a Guy Who Knows what he is Doing

Father, Boyfriend, Secret Agent, Twitch Streamer, and Lumberjack in my spare time. I've been unhappy with how i look for a while, and decided to follow Barney's advice and stopped being sad and started to be awesome instead. I'm looking forward to starting this journey with my girl and we hope to have ourselves sorted out before we hatch our plan for world domination.

Because we are Evil Geniuses too.

Humor aside, i'm a 27 year old Gamer Dad of a vibrant and active 5 year old. I'm in a happy relationship with my woman, who's also joining this program with me. I've been 260-280 lbs for as long as I can remember, except for 1 time where i went into the Air Force at 220 lbs, and came back from basic (I got washed out of the Get Fit Flight) at the best shape of my life at 196 lbs.

I'll admit, i'm doing this for two reasons.

1) I keep telling myself that I'll do it, and i need to put my money where my mouth is.

2) I have a family history of Heart Disease and Diabetes, and that scares me.

But the reason I am scared more than possible diseases?

That i'll fail again.

This is the 4-5th time i've tried something like this, and I really hope that this will help me in the long run, because it sucks to flop on a goal you know is good for you.

So here's hoping that this one is the biggun and I can get healthy, look good naked, and be happy again.

Yours with destruction and mayhem in mind,

~Sarge

[Twitch Streamer] and [Soon to be Famous Youtuber]

Free Tibet! (With the purchase of any 32oz drink)

~The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.

Hah, I love the title! They say for confidence you should fake it until you make it, so why not LARP your best self until you become them? Great to hear your partner is doing this with you!

Sounds like you have a great attitude, and I know the fear of failing after having to respawn, it's a real bastard. This forum has a lot of amazing people to help you and the main site has lots of tools to turn new habits into a lifestyle, so there's no reason you can't make this time around different. Plus, you've presumably learned skills and observed your own behaviour patterns in those times, so you aren't really starting from zero. As much of a bummer as it can be, the only thing you can do now is to start and you've got that covered, so I wish you all the best.

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

Thanks! I really appreciate the welcome :> I'm gonna be taking it slow so the modules really sink in.

But i already got a few ultimate goals to work toward:

1) When i left the Air Force Basic in the Get Fit Flight, i set a squad record for most pushups in a minute, with 75. I don't want to return to that time frame, but getting back up to 75 consecutively would mean a lot to me

2) Get back into a Size 38 Waist Pants and a Large Shirt. Mostly because i have that one shirt i've been wanting to wear!

3) Hit 220 lbs again.

I think these are prett attainable!

[Twitch Streamer] and [Soon to be Famous Youtuber]

Free Tibet! (With the purchase of any 32oz drink)

~The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.