Forums are back in action! ×

Inspiration from video games/ tv series

Since this is a Nerd fitness forum i figured this would be a good topic.
What are your personal inspirations from tv/games/ anny other nerdy stuff.
Personally i get a lot of inspiration form the assassins creed games, Arrow on tv and Vikings.

Assassins creed.
This because is envy their way of life and feel a lot of empathy for their creed. i one day hope to achieve some level of skill in Parkour.

Arrow.
For me Arrow is about a superhero without any special abilities and had to learn everything he knows, and train his body to superiority. it is inspiring.

Vikings.
this is simple, because vikings.

• Like 3

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

I do my walking from Pokemon. At one point I even estimated the walking distance from town to town, and used weight training goals to ' catch' Pokemon and ' battle'. I also like doing something similar with Elder Scrolls influence. Truthfully I've been lacking in my video game endeavors but I'd love to expand!

That is a really cool aproach to reach your goals and make weightloss fun. A little bit to much math for my liking but it sure sounds like a good motivator if you like pokemon. Really cool!

Gonna chime in with some lady heroes:

Black Widow, obviously.
Lydia from Skyrim is a total badass and strong enough to carry any burdens.

At the moment my idol is Connie from Steven Universe. She starts off a total novice but is inspired and becomes an awesome champion! Sworn to the Sword was one of the more heartbreaking episodes, but her dedication and drive really struck a chord with me.

• Like 4

totally agree on the Arrow.

I love the Batman's training montages in the movies, but also - comics give me inpiration: The Iron Fist, The Vagabond, Daredevil and such.

Also, I allways get a jolt of energy from martial arts movies ( Ip Man, Raid, Ong bak, Red belt, Karate kid or the Drunken Master - all are awesome!)

Those are some awesome female inspiration sources. Idon't know steven universe what is it and who is connie? i would love to know!

Well we can't all aspire to be built like Gerard Butler ;)

Steven Universe is one of the sweetest cartoons running these days. Connie is Steven's friend and when she learns there's some pretty dangerous stuff going on in town she totally steps up and learns to fight so she can help out. Here's her training montage from the episode I mentioned: Steven Universe 'Do It For Her' So yeah, aforementioned dedication and drive are actually pretty over the top (and you can see how unsettled Steven is in the clip) and the show addresses that very well.

PS Melinda May is in Agents of SHIELD. Don't mess with the Cavalry!

• Like 1

Oh god how could i forget about the cavalry *hides in fear* i will take a look at the cartoon once i am home.

It definetly sounds like we have super hero team here! And well charizard i stick with arrow ;)

Captain america would be a warrior i geuss, arrow a ranger what do you guys think?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Honestly surprised no-one's mentioned this yet, but Goku for starters. Guy is always pushing himself to get stronger so he can defend the people he loves. I identify more with Vegeta myself; training to beat that one guy who's stronger than you. Though it must be said there's a LOT of guys (and, indeed, girls) stronger than me right now. To them I say, "I'm coming for you. I'm coming for each and every one of you in turn". Every time I've struggled in the past I imagine Vegeta shouting at me "DAMMIT MAN! WHERE'S YOUR SAIYAN PRIDE!?" and somehow it helps me push through. For inspiration in general, most of my idols were animated. Optimus Prime, He-Man, Lion-O, the Turtles, Bravestar, Ulysses 31 . . . All these people were paragons of what was right and proper to some extent. And a surprising amount of them were seriously built too. I used to think He-Man underwent a much more pronounced transformation. Nope! Prince Adam is built like a tank. His 'transformation' is from fully clothed to semi-nude. If I was built like that I think I'd feel comfortable wearing a pink waist coat(?) and lilac leggings too.

• Like 3

I play a lot of WoW, so I get a lot of my inspiration from that.  I really like the dichotomy between the Paladins and Death Knights.  Specifically, between the Lich King and Tirion Fordring (going back a couple xpacs here).  This is also a great exploration with relation to Star Wars as well.  The Light and the Dark.  In my view, two sides of the same coin.  

Also, Paladins in D&D are fantastic.  Especially in 5th edition.  

Ahh, who am I kidding.  I just love Paladins.  And Star Wars.  Actually, I've been thinking about how to make a Jedi/Sith Paladin cosplay.  I just need $500 for armor.......

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I know it's kind of cliche at this point but...

Since walking is my preferred form of exercise for both its physical and meditative qualities, I would have to go with the Lord of the Rings. Whether it's the hobbits or Aragorn or Gandalf those guys were hoofing it all over the place!

I do 3.32 miles every time I go for a walk (3-5 nights per week) and it is totally inspired by Tolkien.

• Like 3

Yet feet that wandering have gone, 

Turn at last to home afar.

I know it's kind of cliche at this point but...

Since walking is my preferred form of exercise for both its physical and meditative qualities, I would have to go with the Lord of the Rings. Whether it's the hobbits or Aragorn or Gandalf those guys were hoofing it all over the place!

I do 3.32 miles every time I go for a walk (3-5 nights per week) and it is totally inspired by Tolkien.

Start your walk to Mordor with this link.

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect! I never used to feel that way until I played the third one and there's a scene with her and another character where they're working out and then spar. It hit me that, of COURSE she'd have to continue working out to stay in shape and she's zooming around the universe. It was just so relateable all of a sudden.

I'm just so used to always seeing the action stuff on movies, shows, and games so it was a real "aha!" moment where it all clicked to see "behind the scenes" of these characters.

I find when I'm feeling really lackluster as I hop on the treadmill and I'm not pushing myself, I just need to think back on that aha moment. Suddenly, I'm throwing it into Shep mode :D

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

For me, Daredevil. This is the guy that constantly makes mistakes by himself and gets beat down by life and others. Yet he always gets up and refuses to quit.

Not that my life is that exciting or dangerous, but it gives me encouragement to keep going for what I want and to better myself in every way. Sans spandex of course

• Like 2

I feel like Ezio Auditore is my eventual ideal.  I WILL start parkour when I feel more in shape.  

Otherwise, I have to say Eowyn from Lord of the Rings.  If we're including books, then Kel from Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series.  I always grew up wanting to be like her, but I never had the same motivation to work out...

• Like 3

Dwarf Rebel
Level 0

Walk to Mordor: 36.6/1779 miles

The Incredible Hulk... obviously.

From Science Nerd to mean green engine of destruction just by stepping on Lego, or other such stressful situations.

I can relate to that :lol:

Don't make him angry...you won't like him when he's angry...

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Not a game or TV show, but I'll steal from both the book and movie versions of Jason Bourne: Physically capable, highly intelligent (speaks multiple European and Asian languages*, became a university professor*), excellent fighter, *good at reading people and situations.  The skills are impressive as well- high-speed driving, escape and evasion/parkour, climbing, etc.  He stays alive by keeping his cool.

*The books demonstrate these points better than the movies.  Also, his love interest in the books is a more interesting character.  The original movie was truer to the books than the Matt Damon version, though I enjoyed all versions.

• Like 4

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.