Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the UK

I've got to admit I'm not a nerd as such but after reading through pages on here there is something great about these forums/pages that has drawn me in. After numerous failed attempts previously (the word attempts is putting it kindly) I realise this isn't something I can do on my own and I would love to become part of something that can provide support when I feel most like giving up.

So a little background, well I've always wondered how people could weigh so much more than their guesses when you read these articles online etc until a few weeks back when I tipped the scales at nearly 400lbs (wow I know) thinking I was little over 300. Why now? I've wanted to for ages but I'd start and give up, but now there's this girl. Isn't there always? I know that things like this shouldn't be based on stuff like that but anything to get me going is going to be welcomed by me. I also saw a photo of my parents the other day who were married by my age, yet I've barely progressed anywhere on my 'life journey' and it hit me hard. I don't want thisa anymore.

This has gotta be a huge push pre christmas for me to hit the ground running in the new year instead of starting then and giving up on January the 12th. I'm working from home for the next 8 weeks or so and this is my chance, no more tired after work excuses or whatever. 

I'd love to get into this from the start and build up to payday to join the academy, just enough time to get through all the forums and get into a routine.

From those who are well underway, to go from doing nothing and overreating/eating crap to eating right and proper exercise what do you think I can hope to achieve by Christmas in terms of a figure of weight lose. I want to put a figure on it as I think it might help in terms of motivation but I don't want to go too high/low.

Sorry for the long post, posting stuff like this online isn't my thing (this was the 3rd attempt at writing a first post) but something has to give for me. Any comments are appreciated :rolleyes-new:

You might start by using myfitnesspal. They have a formula to show you what you would weigh on a certain date based on what you enter in for food and exercise.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Any comments are appreciated :rolleyes-new:

welcome!  As suggested by Nedwin, myfitnesspal is really good.  Maybe give it a bash and see what happens?  

Race: Furyan - Class: Assassin

Level 0 | STR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A

Character - 01.17

Quote: "Dum vita est spes est."  "While there is life, there is hope."

Instagram - Twitter - myfitnesspal

Daily Battle Log - Challenge 1 - Challenge 2 Challenge 3 - Challenge 4

Squat: N/A - Deadlift: N/A - Bench Press: N/A - Overhead Press: N/A