Forums are back in action! ×

How to sell anything (I need help)

I've asked this on the CNF Facebook page and got a really good response from Dakao. But I need more.

I work at an AT&T cell phone store (we sell phones, tablets, accessories, and Internet/tv). The issue is I'm bottom of the board most of the time...I'm a really good salesperson sometimes and not so good other times.

Like I'm awesome in selling accessories but when it comes to selling Internet or tablets I suck.

So any advice anyone has on how to be more successful I'd appreciate it!

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

I just took the time to go through all 7 of them. That's really helped me take another look at the things my customers say to me and how I process it.

I know of NLP from a thing I did a few years ago...it was really new at the time.

This is awesome thank you Sonora!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

From my experience as a sales person in appliances, Confidence and knowledge are key. 
If you know what you are talking about (Wich i think you do) and can tell the customers about with confidence they will trust you sooner and buy stuff sooner.
Confidence can be seen with your boddy language, are you standing straight, chest forward, do you smile? that kind fo stuff

Hope it helps a little

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Coming from a very similar sales envrironment, I would ask you a few questions/comments for your process. 

1.  Would you buy the things that you are not selling well? Yes/No Why/Whynot? and what would it take for you to do so gladly?
  2. Many times when selling objects that have alot of options a kind of pitch fatigue can set in and things we should describe with energy we pitch like a survey. "you want fries with that?" 
  3. Have a coworker who excells at those things role play with you until you can emulate the language and the energy. 
  4. Also (and this is not indicitave of you just somehting I know happens to most salespeople) don't sell with your wallet/value structure. What I mean by that is don't value your offerings based soley on what you would do. It is important to know their value, but its also important to let a customer determine the value for themselves. Often times features we weren't planning on become new enjoyments and reasons to keep coming back. 
  5. Finally, breathe. focus on something fun that helps you. (I collect rejections) any customer will sniff desperation and it will nag at them and hinder their shopping experience. Accept that improving will involve lots of failure, tongue ties and rejection, but none of it is personal. It only reflects on your skill not your person. 

Go get em!

Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid

Let me know if you're still having issues with this.  I work in Sales management for a living.  Would be happy to give you some tips that I give my reps and/or critique your pitches.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges: