Forums are back in action! ×

Mini woot

I had a great evening of eating roasted veggies and taking an extra 45 minute walk with my dog to see Christmas lights the other night. Then learned terrible news that killed the first truly happy evening I'd had in a couple weeks. But did not sabotage my healthy efforts with beer or sleeping pills. Ate extra veggies instead of desserts and drank extra water instead of beer/a Maryland shots. And then gave blood the next day so only had 1 beer with my friend instead of the usual 2 or 3, and followed that with a homemade dinner (griled turkey sandwhich) instead of eating the bacon cheeseburger and fries I wanted to console myself with instead. It's probably the third time I've purposefully did not sabotage my efforts in the face of major stress in the last two-three months. That's something to celebrate :)

• Like 5

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

I had a great evening of eating roasted veggies and taking an extra 45 minute walk with my dog to see Christmas lights the other night. Then learned terrible news that killed the first truly happy evening I'd had in a couple weeks. But did not sabotage my healthy efforts with beer or sleeping pills. Ate extra veggies instead of desserts and drank extra water instead of beer/a Maryland shots. And then gave blood the next day so only had 1 beer with my friend instead of the usual 2 or 3, and followed that with a homemade dinner (griled turkey sandwhich) instead of eating the bacon cheeseburger and fries I wanted to console myself with instead. It's probably the third time I've purposefully did not sabotage my efforts in the face of major stress in the last two-three months. That's something to celebrate :)

Woot woot! Great job!

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Another mini woot - retried Brussels sprouts after 15+ years. Pan fried them in garlic and bacon grease, and not only were they not slimy, they were tasty. Another veggie to add to the slowly increasing list of edible veggies I can cook :)

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Good going! Stress can be so hard to overcome. I also recently learned the awesomeness of brussel sprouts, who knew?! XD

• Like 1