Forums are back in action! ×

Them Holidays.

I find it's hard to do well through the holidays for the sheer fact that a lot of good food comes out. all the damn cookies, and brownies, and baked goods and such. 

I get back from playing flag football yesterday, a good thing right, and there's a kitchen full of cookies. and cookies proceeded to be pretty much the only thing I ate that day. 

It can be really hard to resist all the good stuff. I guess the only thing to do is try harder to channel my inner green lantern and harness that Willpower. 

• Like 1

Yep, I hear ya! I went all crazy this weekend and it affected the scale finally. Pretty easy to smarten up after that. For now...

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Meh. Cookies are only easy to gorge on if they're really good cookies. If they're cheap box mix cookies, skip them and fix yourself a sandwich, you won't be missing anything.

(I work in food sevice and those overpriced leftover sweets are actually very easy to ignore. They look way better than they taste. Especially since the crash after eating one, at a job that involves a lot of running around, makes one want to kill things. By the way, if you are tempted by fast food, there's nothing like seeing it manufactured to kill your interest in it. I first mixed a "creme frappucino" about eight years ago and have never wanted one since. That dairy based sludge ... *shiver* )

If they ARE the good kind, eat a couple and then give them away asap, which is easy to do and may result in warm fuzzy feelings. That's mostly what holiday cookies are for anyway, right?

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I have heard that about fast food before. I knew a guy who worked at Sonic before and let's just say he didn't eat much of it.

there certainly is a difference between homemade and store cookies. and as we all know the cookies made by a mom are the best, and in the winter my mom gets an itching to bake. she makes the best choc. chip cookies, oh and the banana bread!   it's a lot easier when they're already in bags, but when they're all laid out on the table its so much easier to just keep on taking em off of that counter. 

ah yes them holiday fuzzy feelings, gotta love em

• Like 1