Forums are back in action! ×

Oh no! I've been poisoned. Now what?

So, not necessarily poisoned.  I contacted strep and am finally getting over it after being down for 3 days.

Before that I was doing some interval training, drinking 100 fl. oz of water, and eating Paleo.  

But my throat had other ideas and decided to make anything traveling down my gullet to feel like 1000 Tessaiga's cutting my throat.

Now, it isn't so bad but I feel worn out.  Like I need to sleep for days on end.

How do you bounce back from being poisoned by your own body? 

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

Base Character: Deep Halfling

Desired Class: Druid

Level: 0 I STR 0 I DEX 0 I STA 0 I CON 0 I WIS 0 I CHA 0 I

My Battle Log

Challenges: 1  

Weight Loss

206--->145 (At 197 as of 1/28/2016)

13.5%
13.5%

Take it slow.  Keep the high intensity workouts to a minimum until you're breathing better - work on adding them in liiiiiiiiiiittle by little.  Keep drinking loads of water, and sleep A LOT.  Consider eating soup.  If you have a food processor, you can make plenty of delicious soups out of healthful ingredients.  And even if you don't, if you stew meat and veggies long enough, they get soft and go down fairly easy, even with a sore throat.

Get back to your fitness routine slowly and steadily as the illness leaves your body.  The worst thing you can do is try to go full bore while still sick - you'll only risk hurting yourself and likely get very little benefit.

?current challenge?

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Priority is to get better, which probably means lots of rest and sleep and not very much - if any - exercise.  You can always gain back whatever fitness you lose.  If you focus on healing, you'll get better faster and get back into the game sooner.  Just listen to how you feel and when in doubt, rest.

Sleep, hydrate like it's going out of style, eat nourishing things. Same as whenever you come down with crud. I got winter crud and am battling it with miso soup, tea, and porridge. No need for intervals until your health bar is full again, though taking a short walk is not a bad idea.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Will do.  Been sleeping like I can't get enough of it today. My water intake is barely to none but that's only because I could swallow next to nothing for the past few days. Probably will up it tomorrow.  Will have some tea tonight with honey and lemon which will hopefully let me sleep.

Should be out of quarantine tomorrow so I'll be heading back to work and seeing how my body handles that.  

If I do okay, I'll be taking my beast dog out for a walk on Friday if the weather allows.

Thanks for all of yall's advice. :]

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

Base Character: Deep Halfling

Desired Class: Druid

Level: 0 I STR 0 I DEX 0 I STA 0 I CON 0 I WIS 0 I CHA 0 I

My Battle Log

Challenges: 1  

Weight Loss

206--->145 (At 197 as of 1/28/2016)

13.5%
13.5%