Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I am new here, i just joined the community today. I am looking forward to meeting people who enjoy working out like me. I typically workout 30-60 minutes for a week. I am looking to get in shape and have a body fat percentage of 15%, yet right now it is at 21%. Over the past few days, I have doing mostly calisthenics in 3 sets of eight circuits with weight lifting using 15 lb weights, training for pull-ups (still working to complete one, but making progress because I can lift myself half-way to the bar) and running 2.5 miles each day. I am also working toward doing a cartwheel, handstand, forward roll and also self-defense techniques like tai chi I am also eating healthier with eating more fruits and vegetables, moderate protein and carbohydrates. I feel happy with my choices, yet I am still looking forward to become more in shape. Currently I feel like I fit in the Ranger class, yet I would like to work my way up to the Assassin or Monk class. If anyone has any ideas on yoga moves, gymnastic moves, martial arts, or anything that would help me build my strength, flexibility, coordination and stamina, feel free to post your ideas. I would love to hear your ideas; I have already learned a lot and enjoy the positive encouragement that I have seen in reading the nerdfit articles and forum posts. I hope to make friends and let's encourage each other to be fit. I am compassionate and understanding and since I used to be bullied in middle school, I am not judgmental and am working on building my self-confidence and feeling and looking fit. I am now 18 years old and a senior in high school and I want to be a military police or gene therapy scientist. 

• Like 1

Hey Shirley! Lots of luck to you in your goals! Just remember lots of tiny steps a few at a time, although it looks like you've already been on the track for a while now, so yay!

I'm also a "I want to do all the things!" kind of person - I was leaning Adventurer but with the recent class adjustments I think I will also be in ranger (this round I hopped over to Druid since I'm focusing on yoga, last round I was in Warrior).

I also think your career goals are super interesting! I don't know where you're at, do you know of any programs near you where you could MP for a few years while going to college for gene therapy? You could definitely do both! :D

• Like 1

Hi Shirley! It sounds like you're well on your way to meeting your goals. Good job, and keep it up! I've been in the U.S. Army for 8 years now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm in the intelligence sector, but "the Army is the same wherever you are". :-)

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Thanks both of you :smile-new:  I am currently talking to a recruiter and sending in applications. I think Rutgers, Rowan, Bloomingdale and Berkeley College al have good fields in health sciences. I especially like Rutgers for gene therapy and microbiology and Rowan has a cool cancer research program. I have made progress with the handstand and held myself up for five minutes before falling, yet I still can't get the motions of the forward roll. For the cartwheels, I have gotten better with the positioning of my feet and hands and balance, but I still have some progress to go before actually doing one. Also for the pull-ups, I have managed to get halfway to the bar and pull myself up and hang there for five seconds before I have to let go.  

• Like 1