Forums are back in action! ×

Food: What turns you on?

Let's share what gets you all hot and bothered when you're about to eat. Whether it be your favorite thing to chomp down on while you're trying to put weight on the bar (or yourself), or something that probably looks a tad prettier while you're trying to shave off that last pound or two of fat, share with us and make me jealous.

Fair warning: All my food is trying to make you fat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1609[/ATTACH]

Yes, do not let your eyes deceive you, that is a nine and a half pound boston roast. For $1.69/lb. I'm going to be swimming in pulled pork for years.

I also found this the other day: http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/03/01/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/

For someone who is a really picky eater, especially at breakfast, this looks like it has massive potential.

Meals that are a tad prettier:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1607[/ATTACH]

IIRC this was a pound of steak, topped with a brandied cream sauce, looks like another pound of roasted red potatoes, and a whole head of broccoli steamed with rosemary and lemon zest. With milk. You can also see my unopened bills in the background. Not pictured: glass of water, and what had to be my beer somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1608[/ATTACH]

I believe this was a lemon herb marinated pork over rice, green salad, and what can't be anything other than a Blue Moon. Also, more unopened bills. Not pictured: wherever my water and milk went. Have you guys caught on to the pattern yet?

Did I make anyone jealous yet?

post-4131-13567243319994_thumb.jpg

post-4131-1356724332027_thumb.jpg

post-4131-1356724332051_thumb.jpg

My life. My dreams.

http://dreambigsquatbigger.blogspot.com Hey! I'm actually updating this thing now

Super Nomnom! Meat definitely gets me hot and bothered. I am looking forward to my bacon wrapped pork tenderloin tomorrow night. Today my daughter is going back to college and her last meal is home made tacos....pastured ground beef with loads of spices, cheddar, home made masa tortillas and all the fixings...

But nothing beats a good prime rib....oh the joy!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

None of the below is good for you.

cheese_steaks3.jpg

That is a "wiz wit", or for those not in the know, a philly cheese steak with cheese wiz and fried onions.

crazy_hot_wings.jpg

No explanation needed. Extra blue cheese on the side please. And the best part is its paleo.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoVcycSz_KTYj0oQLOqvRsWusS7u0KYdiMZt6qif0-YeB1eQZIFhWzXV7bzA

That's a reuben, king of sandwiches. Extra dressing please.

AAAANNNNNNDDDD now we know how I got fat.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

[ATTACH]1610[/ATTACH]

It's gonna be hard to see but it's called a fat bitch. It's chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, French fries, Philly cheesesteak, bacon, cheese, ketchup, and probably more stuff all in a roll.

Also, I will always love the A1 Thick and Hearty from Whataburger with up-sized fries and a coca cola classic.

Yeah, I don't really crave these things very often anymore though. But when I'm nearby, my fat cells get all excited.

Paleo noms that make me happy are braised short ribs (just made those, omg), turkey burgers wrapped in crisp lettuce, and the fajitas my dad cooks out once a month or so.

post-359-135672433211_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]1610[/ATTACH]It's gonna be hard to see but it's called a fat bitch.

Man I love those Rutgers sandwiches. We had a place behind Drexel that made them. Funny story: My wife's 6'4" cousin sat down and ate 3 for lunch one day, not realizing until after that if he would've eaten 5 (which he claims he could have at the time) he could have had one named after him.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Nachos, and not just home made nachos, not food court nachos, not even Mexican restaurant nachos, But Warhammer World in Nottingham in the UK have a plate of Nachos that is killer, it has everything you could ever want and the serving is on a 14” plate and they are 3” tall. Washed down with a pint or two…

Luckily, for me to get then involves a 28hr flight and over AU$3,000. But I will have them every time I go to Nottingham…

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Wow, that ETFNerd spell of protection is holding up... Is a NF t-shirt with a funny face avatar a thing now? Seen 2 new ones today.

500 / 330 / 625

That awkward moment when I realize that I wasn't making a funny face in my avatar...

I hope you're joking, otherwise I feel bad.

500 / 330 / 625

Yeah, I'm joking. It just seemed to be a great place for self-deprecating humor.

Back to the foods! I'll be sure to post pics of whatever comes out of my crock pot tonight. I left it on low this morning with 2lbs of chicken in it. nom nom nom

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

OK, good. Now I can laugh.

500 / 330 / 625