Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain
Nope, I think he's right. Maybe let's soften it and say... a line to make out with you on the couch?

I just took a random sample. Quote: "He's a hotty."

get outta here man. lol. no way.

*Detective hat on* going through Bruce's 1,000+ plus posts looking for clues.

Yussssssss. Although it might be easier to look up all the cute female NF'ers who post frequently and look at Bruce's interactions with them.

You made me laugh, you made me cringe... you speak a lot of truth. Maybe the perfect post.

Thank you for fully realizing the emotions I wished to bring out in that post. Makes me feel like a poet it does!

AJ i am convinced that you are on drugs. lol heavy heavy drugs.

I should hope that the level of intoxication I exhibit would only further profound the meaning behind my statements :)

But no, really, I can speak from experience that being a clueless bastard sucks. Nothing else sucks like not realizing the girl behind the counter was f***ing you with her eyes until after you're back in the car.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
Yussssssss. Although it might be easier to look up all the cute female NF'ers who post frequently and look at Bruce's interactions with them.

Thank you for fully realizing the emotions I wished to bring out in that post. Makes me feel like a poet it does!

I should hope that the level of intoxication I exhibit would only further profound the meaning behind my statements :)

But no, really, I can speak from experience that being a clueless bastard sucks. Nothing else sucks like not realizing the girl behind the counter was f***ing you with her eyes until after you're back in the car.

good luck trying to investigate dudes. you guys can either post your theories here or pm them to me but i'm pretty sure you're not going to figure it out.

and i must be completely clueless because i don't see it at all.

good luck trying to investigate dudes. you guys can either post your theories here or pm them to me but i'm pretty sure you're not going to figure it out.

and i must be completely clueless because i don't see it at all.

I can see it now. The "Recent Visitor" stats of the profiles of all the ladies of NF will start going crazy as all the men from the "Men's Thread" start investigating this crush. HAHAHAH!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain
I can see it now. The "Recent Visitor" stats of the profiles of all the ladies of NF will start going crazy as all the men from the "Men's Thread" start investigating this crush. HAHAHAH!

which btw is hilarious.

seriously we are making way too big a deal out of this.

Guest Snake McClain
Not just men. The women are trying to figure it out too. This thread is not safe.

they can try. i'm pretty confident that they won't ever know...well they will never KNOW because I won't tell anyone but they won't figure it out because the evidence just isn't that obvious. I talk to too many people in general on this site so I don't think it is solvable.

that said...do you know for a fact that the girls are trying to figure it out? because if so i feel really odd now. i'm going to create a new nerd fitness "character" with fake photos and background. no one will know. BwAahahahahah

seriously though this whole conversation is starting to make me really uncomfortable.

No problem....conversation dead :-)

Now for Classic Movies Subtitled for Bros:

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Anyone into DnB/Dubstep?

Never really got into any DnB. As for Dubstep...there is stuff out there that I really like, but so much garbage too. Dubstep is really hit or miss to me. I listen to a lot of trance, progressive, and house mostly.

Guest Snake McClain
Never really got into any DnB. As for Dubstep...there is stuff out there that I really like, but so much garbage too. Dubstep is really hit or miss to me. I listen to a lot of trance, progressive, and house mostly.

honestly i listen to very little of this style of stuff but i do really love the Glitch Mob...which is like...electric...stuff. lol. i dunno. i dig em.

I listen to more folky music these days.

honestly i listen to very little of this style of stuff but i do really love the Glitch Mob...which is like...electric...stuff. lol. i dunno. i dig em.

Love Glitch Mob! Animus Vox!!!

Guest Snake McClain
Love Glitch Mob! Animus Vox!!!

i've seriously been considering "bad wings" as my entrance music.

edit: i would almost need a faster paced version. maybe with some wicked electric guitar over top.

Guest Snake McClain
Super Mash Bros anyone?

i used to think girltalk was the rage. then i heard super mash bros. i got an ear boner. they are just everything a mashup should be.

EDIT: does anyone think it's ironic that "Fistful of silence" by the glitch mob is probably their most noise filled song?

Question for the guys here, especially the dads: do any of your kids have problems with being bullied? My son just turned 10 and he's in Grade 4. He spent Grade 3 being homeschooled, due largely to the problems he was having being bullied in Grade 2. We're in a different town, with a different school, a much SMALLER school, but it's still bullying. It hasn't crossed the line into assault yet (unlike Grade 2), but it's still pretty severe, at least from his point of view, and from his point of view he has another FULL LIFETIME of this to look forward to.

Fighting back isn't an option, since they pick on him for his physical disabilities, and even if he could get his hands on them he's a very gentle boy (seriously, my five year old daughter can and has taken him in a fight). Telling him to tough it out isn't working. Telling the teachers doesn't do anything. Telling the principal doesn't do anything. The only step I can see left is trying to get the names of the boys and then going to talk to their parents, but he doesn't want to tell me their names. Beyond hugging him and telling him that things to get better, I'm out of ideas.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I can relate. My father was in a profession that made me a target for bullies growing up. As a result I got into countless tussles on the playground and the only advice I got from the old man was "I don't care who starts it, but you better finish it or don't bother coming home." Was it harsh? Yes. Did it toughen me up? No doubt. But it created a huge chip on my shoulder that took me along time to brush off. So kudos to you for being a good dad.

My mother had a similar stance to Chairohkey's dad, they start it you finish it, don't let them make you feel weak.

Now i have kids, i don't want them to have to deal with what i went through, so i feel your pain Thrillho.

The biggest thing, i realised for me to do was not to be fearful about it or have apprehension about what might happen during the day. You could help with that as dad, get him feeling confident, provide him support by doing blokey things with him and when needed give the hugs after a bad day.

I have no idea about the schooling system where you are, but in my mind it is the teachers responsibility to ensure the safety of ALL their students, obviously including pressure and bullying from other students. If the school isn't taking it seriously, i would be very displeased and make it known to them.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

To highlight how effective the teachers are: immediately after the anti-bullying assembly in the gym, they knocked my son down, took his boots off, filled the boots with snow, then put them back on him. The supervisor outside 'asked the boys not to do it again'. Way to go, pink shirt campaign.

Whereas I was a big, strong, fast kid and when I did fight back it worked very effectively, my son is big, strong and slow due to his condition and medication. The kindergarteners have no problems running away from him. I try to cheer him up in the morning, but every day all he knows is the time between breakfast and dinner is misery and loneliness where no-one will help him.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.