Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

On big sister/little brother rivalries. I saw an interview with Reggie Miller of NBA fame and one of the best outside shooters of all time. He HAD to learn to shoot from outside because his big sister (Cheryl Miller, one of best woman players of all time) would block everything he tried inside. Course she is 6' 4". I think he said he couldn't beat her one on one til he was a sophomore or junior in college. He scored something like 40 points in a high school game and got no comment from his parents....Cheryl had put up 98 or 100 in a college game that night.. bummer.. Course my memory may be off...

So the challenges you overcome can become your advantage later on in life.

...'Course she's 6'3" 250, squats 540

...damn she's gotten bigger since my day, used to be only 225

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

If I were 0% body fat I would still be something like 210 lbs, and that's before I've bulked up with muscle. I'd have to deadlift a crapton to come close to those ratios/

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Hmm well for clarification spezzy DLs at about 2.25x BW when she hit 350. So there's your target. For me that's a 450lbs DL which seems like a really big number.

Completely within reach.

If I were 0% body fat I would still be something like 210 lbs, and that's before I've bulked up with muscle. I'd have to deadlift a crapton to come close to those ratios/

Yeah, I'm 193lb LBM per my reading from yesterday, hoping for 225lb total at the end. We would have to lift a crapton. 505 if big is right with 2.25. I think I can hit it by the end of the year if I hit my goal by midsummer and can start eating at a surplus. If I don't hit it, I may say screw it and start doing a surplus anyway.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yeah, I'm 193lb LBM per my reading from yesterday, hoping for 225lb total at the end. We would have to lift a crapton. 505 if big is right with 2.25. I think I can hit it by the end of the year if I hit my goal by midsummer and can start eating at a surplus. If I don't hit it, I may say screw it and start doing a surplus anyway.

I'm with you Corey....currently ~225-230lb, so my lift at 2.25 would certainly be in the 500+ range. I'm shooting for 400+ now, and hoping to hit about 350lb today on my working set.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Don't be totally surprised if your LBM decreases when you get closer to your goal BF%, even if you get stronger. You see hypertrophy of body components besides just muscle when you add excess body fat... skin, to cover the fat, blood vessels, to supply the fat cells with nutrients, ligaments and tendons, to heft the extra weight around...

Just don't panic when the LBM DOES decrease eventually :)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Don't be totally surprised if your LBM decreases when you get closer to your goal BF%, even if you get stronger. You see hypertrophy of body components besides just muscle when you add excess body fat... skin, to cover the fat, blood vessels, to supply the fat cells with nutrients, ligaments and tendons, to heft the extra weight around...

Just don't panic when the LBM DOES decrease eventually :)

Or it could go up *pause to wait for alecto to freak*. My current stats show my going up in LBM while maintaining overall weight right now. I need more data points to be sure though.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I need to hit 472 for a 2.25BW....only 50ish pounds to go!
I'm with you Corey....currently ~225-230lb, so my lift at 2.25 would certainly be in the 500+ range. I'm shooting for 400+ now, and hoping to hit about 350lb today on my working set.

Gah! You guys are putting up some big numbers. I need to go do more dead lifts. MOAR!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Gah! You guys are putting up some big numbers. I need to go do more dead lifts. MOAR!

345 1x5 yesterday. My back is sore today, but I'm pretty sure that's more from squats and romanian deadlifts than the straight deads. I don't know how I'm going to golf in half an hour.

500 / 330 / 625

345 1x5 yesterday. My back is sore today, but I'm pretty sure that's more from squats and romanian deadlifts than the straight deads. I don't know how I'm going to golf in half an hour.

Man you are catching up to me. Unacceptable! :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Man you are catching up to me. Unacceptable! :D

I would have 2 deadlifting days next week but I'm going to miss a lifting day because my wife wants me to go to the military workout with her because it's "partner day" where you do all these assisted BW workouts. She doesn't feel comfortable partnering up with someone other than me, so I gotta go. Oh well.

Actually, screw it, I wanna catch you, so I'll just deadlift after. by the end of next week I should be 1x5 365. I feel that I have a few more jumps in me before I stall on deads. Don't know where though, cause I am almost positive I can't 1x5 anything close to 400.

500 / 330 / 625

Actually, screw it, I wanna catch you, so I'll just deadlift after. by the end of next week I should be 1x5 365. I feel that I have a few more jumps in me before I stall on deads. Don't know where though, cause I am almost positive I can't 1x5 anything close to 400.

Heh. Don't worry I am in a deload cycle right now since so you've got until the 26th or so before I hit 385.